A deal with the devil...

More
20 Nov 2010 03:49 #413512 by z650c3
Replied by z650c3 on topic A deal with the devil...
jeffasaki wrote:

Take a break?Dont see any reason why you shouldnt if you want to.Sell the bike?I wouldnt Ive made that mistake in the past.It goes like this;First you build the bike you always wanted then decide to sell it then you spend the cash then all you have left is a pic of the bike you always wanted,then you spend countless hours looking at a pic of you beautiful ex bike,then one day decide to go riding againand start looking for a bike to fill in for the bike you sold you find one and biuld the bike you always wanted and pay about 3 times what you sold the first one for.
DONT DO IT!!!!
Put it in your living room and spend some time making it nicer

I,m on this side of the fence.

c3

1979 z650 c3 first registered in 1981
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCR
Northern Ireland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
20 Nov 2010 05:27 - 20 Nov 2010 05:59 #413521 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic A deal with the devil...
ah i missed it the first time, but in reviewing the answers just now for another unrelated reply (coming up next by me) i found this little gem from 95.3 a.m soft rock all day,all night...

read this out loud five times to another person...do it now!.........

I
AM
SO
WE
TODD
DID

it means you'd be safer in a chevy chevette than in a corvette....well almost ,same idea....,,,

billy bob...easy listening.....sunny dee ,,,,, what up dog

9am53 wrote:

Not that I have gone through any mid-bike crisis of my own, but I just got a KLR650 that changed my perspective. This bike is slow as a tortoise, but you know what? it's fun as hell. I literally go the speed limit, am just as cautious as on the KZ, which at slower speeds is more effective, and have just as much fun! Maybe another type of bike that suits your taste that is not as high performance can keep you safe while still riding?

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 20 Nov 2010 05:59 by trianglelaguna.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
20 Nov 2010 05:47 - 20 Nov 2010 06:04 #413523 by trianglelaguna
so if i just count each members vote once and not each post they make after the first vote...

So far to this point i get the count as follows..

Sell it and take a Break,why not..2 members

Dont sell it,take a break if you want,good idea..7 members

Dont ever stop riding,ever..6 members..

Undecided,no real opinion one way or the other. 1 member

Others may get a different count by reading through the thread with a tally sheet/pen/scratch paper...

interesting to see the strongest opinions lying in either,keep the bike and think it over, or, the never give it up as long as i can ride i will ,camps.......

with the small minority either offering take a break from this death wish at your discretion,or no advice ,just things to consider ......being on either outside end of the majority

So i can say for sure now that you should sell the bike,buy some savings bonds or put it where you cant get at the money...and try..TRY...TRRYYYYYY...to go on and live a happy normal life.....so what if KZ1000's will pass you in your minivan as you take the kids to flute lessons years later down the line...so what if at night as you drift off to sleep in your warm house,with your nice wife,and safe life....you can hear the neighbor 3 blocks over installing a titainium exhuast on his gsxr
Black sabath cranking in the background...pulling wheelies when your out hunting down weeds in your roses...spray him with the hose.....this aint no race track....

so what if on summer vaction to wally world 15 yrs form now a supermodel in a ferrari keeps pulling along side the minvan and smiling at you while the family snoozes.....

At least you will be safe...and you will have conformed to your daddy and mommy like a good boy......

oh and that ferrari,after she sped by?....a dozen KZ900's and GPZ 1100's went chasing after her....so what......they could never catch her...but you?...if you still had that bike you had when you were a young dare devil? ...heck you'd be catching her alright!!!...youd pull right up and....hooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...swerve
screeeeeeeeeetch
the minivan narrowly misses a big rig..
whew that was close...quit day dreaming...and keep your eyes on the road...be safe!!!!

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 20 Nov 2010 06:04 by trianglelaguna.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
20 Nov 2010 05:54 #413524 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic A deal with the devil...
The OP hasn't even logged on since he posted this thread. I bet the damage is already done.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• 9am53
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
20 Nov 2010 07:10 - 20 Nov 2010 07:14 #413529 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic A deal with the devil...
trianglelaguna wrote:

ah i missed it the first time, but in reviewing the answers just now for another unrelated reply (coming up next by me) i found this little gem from 95.3 a.m soft rock all day,all night...

I
AM
SO
WE
TODD
DID

it means you'd be safer in a chevy chevette than in a corvette....well almost ,same idea....,,,

9am53 wrote:

Not that I have gone through any mid-bike crisis of my own, but I just got a KLR650 that changed my perspective. This bike is slow as a tortoise, but you know what? it's fun as hell. I literally go the speed limit, am just as cautious as on the KZ, which at slower speeds is more effective, and have just as much fun! Maybe another type of bike that suits your taste that is not as high performance can keep you safe while still riding?

Yes, you are so retarded. Traveling everywhere at 30 km/h slower enables you to see things more ahead of time and lets you stop and maneuver sooner. And my opinion was try another bike and keep riding.

You still miss Greg don't you?
Last edit: 20 Nov 2010 07:14 by 9am53.

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
20 Nov 2010 07:19 #413530 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic A deal with the devil...
Craig, to make better use of the words

I
Am
Sofa
King
We
Todd
Did

Not meant for anyone in particular, just saying B) B) B) B) B) B)

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
20 Nov 2010 08:08 #413539 by trianglelaguna
I miss him terriwble

make the pain go away

So on that premise you will be even safer on a 50cc scooter...
what up dog

9am53 wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote:

I
AM
SO
WE
TODD
DID

9am53 wrote:

Yes, you are so retarded. Traveling everywhere at 30 km/h slower enables you to see things more ahead of time and lets you stop and maneuver sooner. And my opinion was try another bike and keep riding.

You still miss Greg don't you?

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
20 Nov 2010 17:52 - 13 Feb 2012 19:16 #413601 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic .

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2012 19:16 by KZ250LTD.

More
20 Nov 2010 18:11 #413602 by z650c3
Replied by z650c3 on topic A deal with the devil...
dejavoodo41 wrote:

For me there are 2 things that help keep me sane. Riding my bike and bodyboarding. These are the two things where I am completely unreachable. It for me is better than therapy. My girlfriend has actually commented at times that I need to go for a ride or go catch some waves. I plan on doing both until I am unable to swing my leg over or paddle out.

Well said man , couldnt agree more. Gotta keep pushing all the way.

Cheers

Moto

1979 z650 c3 first registered in 1981
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCR
Northern Ireland