If you were going to build the ultimate GPZ 750...

More
16 Nov 2010 01:11 #412969 by CruisingRam
I was talking to a local guy- wants to build the ultimate GPZ 750 Turbo clone, but much bigger cc-like around 1428, a street bike here in Hawaii- and we both agreed we didn't want to tear up a rare bike to really customize.

I was thinking a standard GPZ 1100 probably an '83, and building a turbo-clone bike.

Also- the only thing we want to not be really period correct or clone-ish is the forks, wheels and tires; he wants an upside down fork, and a 120 up front and a 180mm rear. Wants to have the stock 750 turbo fairings, and badge it as a 750 Turbo as well.

This guy has some spending cash, so money isn't that big if a deal,

So- how would you guys go about it- FWIW- I am seriously thinking of farming out the entire motor to Larry, because it has been my experiance that a turbo motor needs to be built from the ground up AS a turbo motor, and the EFI should make it run nice.

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2010 04:42 #412984 by kawsakiman
if your going to use a 1100 as the base how are you going to make it a turbo clone? we will require a ton of pictures.

lorcan has info on his sight about the r6 front end swap on the turbo bikes.
and trust me, built right the 750 has more than enough power to scare the crap out of him when the boost hits.

oh yeah, that phrase "some spending cash" is kinda vauge.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
16 Nov 2010 07:25 #412996 by steell
When a built 750 Turbo will smoke the rear tire when shifting into 5th gear at 160 mph, what more could you possibly use? 250+ RWHP is not enough? :woohoo:

Good luck on your mission.

KD9JUR

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
16 Nov 2010 08:57 #413001 by DoubleDub
Make sure you post the video when it's done and the photos while you're building it! :ohmy:

• ready2ryde1985
  • User
  • got to love these kzs
More
16 Nov 2010 10:36 #413009 by ready2ryde1985
Replied by ready2ryde1985 on topic If you were going to build the ultimate GPZ 750...
Why? :woohoo: Does this rich guy have a death wish ???

Im not saying it wouldnt be cool to have a sleeper but wow is he gona drag it or somethin ? :silly:

I have seen busa turbo and zx14 turbo but they were streched way out and slamed on the ground to handle it and i do believe thoes bikes are heavy at least compared to a air cooled bike. :dry:

Sounds like a nice bike please intale lots of pics

84 kz 700 a1
82 kz550 ltd

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
16 Nov 2010 10:50 - 16 Nov 2010 14:46 #413012 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic If you were going to build the ultimate GPZ 750...
oh i thought i would pick one that could be ridden all day to enjoy...filled up on pump gas any old place and clock 50,000 without blowing up...silly me...

you want an ultimate ultimate...

where you gonna park that thing and not have to watch it....

where you gonna open it up...not around where i ride thats for sure......:P

this GPZ would win a veiwers vote off hands down at any bike show....it IS the ultimate GPZ750

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 16 Nov 2010 14:46 by trianglelaguna.

More
16 Nov 2010 13:25 - 16 Nov 2010 13:41 #413031 by steell
Ultimate GPz750?? Not in my book, I much prefer something like this :)

Or maybe this one (Purple Passion)

And I can't leave out our very own Lorcan Parnell (Mr 211 mph) :)

KD9JUR
Last edit: 16 Nov 2010 13:41 by steell.

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
16 Nov 2010 13:44 #413033 by DoubleDub
They all look pretty "ultimate" to me :laugh:

More
16 Nov 2010 15:14 #413045 by Nebr_Rex
:side: CruisingRam wrote:

I was talking to a local guy- wants to build the ultimate GPZ 750 Turbo clone, but much bigger cc-like around 1428, a street bike here in Hawaii- and we both agreed we didn't want to tear up a rare bike to really customize.

I was thinking a standard GPZ 1100 probably an '83, and building a turbo-clone bike.

Also- the only thing we want to not be really period correct or clone-ish is the forks, wheels and tires; he wants an upside down fork, and a 120 up front and a 180mm rear. Wants to have the stock 750 turbo fairings, and badge it as a 750 Turbo as well.

This guy has some spending cash, so money isn't that big if a deal,

So- how would you guys go about it- FWIW- I am seriously thinking of farming out the entire motor to Larry, because it has been my experiance that a turbo motor needs to be built from the ground up AS a turbo motor, and the EFI should make it run nice.

If yo have to ask..... :lol:

180 REAR?:woohoo:

Not to encourage said idea but....
Mr. Egli and crew did build a turbo 1100,but....
lots of goverment testing before said machine was alowed on public roadways.
Again,if you have to ask you would be better off going back on the porch and leave the big dogs alone.
Because when they bite someone is going to be in the hospital or the grave.:side:

2002 ZRX1200R
81 GPz1100
79 KZ1000st daily ride
79 KZ1000mk2 prodject
78 KZ650sr
78 KZ650b
81 KZ750e
80 KZ750ltd
77 KZ400/440 cafe project
76 KZ400/440 Fuel Injected

www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=39120.0

More
17 Nov 2010 00:32 - 17 Nov 2010 00:47 #413113 by CruisingRam
Replied by CruisingRam on topic If you were going to build the ultimate GPZ 750...
Great responses- appreciate them all.

A couple things- Hawaii is a pretty crazy car-bike culture if you analyze it too closely LOL- think about it for a minute- Hawaii is the biggest island, and really, no highways at all- most of the speed limits are about 35mph most of the place, rarely 55mph, and NO four lane highways. Oahu has three (get this) "interstates"- the H1, H2 and LikeLike highways. You have about four miles, with no traffic of a good hiway, on the "main" island, max. Pretty good place for a street fighter- Honolulu, really good place for a street fighter, very urban.

A hi speed 'Busa or ZX 14, absolutely useless on my island. WEll, guess what? they are the second most popular bike here as far as prestige goes. Most bikes on the island are high dollar choppers- and crazy blown busas and ZX's - they just want to ride around on some over the top machinery in a place where it is pretty cooped up. Who am I to judge?

I mean, how many folks that buy a GSXR 1000RR can ride it to it's full potential?

This guy owns a mud bog dragster with a 500 ci motor in it, a 10 second street bug, and a fully stretched and blown busa.

He wants something over the top and different-

enter me- I build different stuff than any of these guys have seen to date.

Pictures? Most likely if the guy green lights the project! LOL

Only thing is- he wants it to look not so far off from the bikes shown here.

OH- one thing though- they are in to the dyno pulls here- making BIG HP with some of the ZXs and 'Busas

I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.
Last edit: 17 Nov 2010 00:47 by CruisingRam.

More
17 Nov 2010 01:47 #413115 by Headly
Gday my mates Busa makes 383 rear wheel hp on modest boost,is street registered and street driven not a problem.Does he need so much power-No, is it a "wank factor"-Yes.:laugh: Why did he build it this way?
Because he can and its fun as hell to ride,just try and get that goofy smile of his face!:woohoo:

73z1a fireblade front&rear,75z1b,74z1a,05 husky 510,xl567.
Ask the toe cutter,he knows who i am!

More
17 Nov 2010 11:11 #413171 by CruisingRam
Replied by CruisingRam on topic If you were going to build the ultimate GPZ 750...

Here is my 9 second street driven valiant that will easily go 150mph in the 1/4 at Hilo drag strip- the only place I can open it up, and at 3.45 per gallon the cheapest fuel on the island- and my Trick 114 fuel that I HAVE to run though it going for 8.50 a gallon when I buy a 55 gallon drum, I don't drive it on the street very often- with a spool rear end, very bad if it rains- I still take it out for cruises and such, just for, as you say "whack" factor- and it helps me build my street cred which helps me with my business, big time.

I hate electrical stuff.