Here's mine - where's yours?

More
29 Dec 2010 06:08 #419090 by dkmk
Replied by dkmk on topic Here's mine - where's yours?
Great video! I get excited just seeing a highway without frost heaves/cracks... B)
Has to be nice to ride year round, my bike has been put away for 2 months. Thanks for the fix. :)

Northern Ontario
Zapp: "Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch."
Kif: "I'll get the powder, sir."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2010 11:14 #419143 by dutchz
Replied by dutchz on topic Here's mine - where's yours?
trianglelaguna wrote:

we are a sick breed i tell you...when i'm clipping along like that there is music in my veins and nothing can touch me.....but sitting on your right knee cap watching that i am scared shit.....them is big ole cars and they want us dead...sick i tell you...we need help...wheres my keys...i want a ride camera too......thats a great road...a lot of oncoming traffic..is it always pretty busy.......i have some great sweepers near me but seeing cars coming takes my 85--100 push down to 70.....i cant risk it anymore...older i get the more i wanna see the sun rise again...great clip..thanks for posting

that bike sounds like it had a half of the throttle left if needed....i bet it rips...peace

Sick we are :woohoo:
This is a fun part of the road, but the real good stuff starts at the other side of the valley we're dipping down into. There's less traffic in the morning but we had to wait until the roads dried off, you can still see the dark spots everywhere, and it got worse the higher up in the mountains we got - had to tone it down some.
The camera is mounted on the steering damper so yeah you get a pretty good idea of road speed :whistle: and I like that you can see the suspension move... There's still some revs left, like you I want to wake up in the morning! I hope the next clips will have more exhaust noise and less buzzing.

1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

More
29 Dec 2010 11:16 #419145 by dutchz
dkmk wrote:

Great video! I get excited just seeing a highway without frost heaves/cracks... B)
Has to be nice to ride year round, my bike has been put away for 2 months. Thanks for the fix. :)

You are welcome sir! I will post more, if it helps stave off cabin fever.

1974 Kawasaki Z1

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
29 Dec 2010 11:40 #419149 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Here's mine - where's yours?
no kidding ....i was jamming onto the highway 1,few days back and mid corner on a corner i have down perfect was a big 30 yard eyebrow shaped dark spot of drying water.....makes me wonder what moisture my tires are drawing up from underneath on the other parts....it would suck to wipe it on an on-ramp......i was cooking and changed lines but that is enough to find some hidden wet drops.....great clip...what is your buddy on??/
looked like a uber boxer???

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
29 Dec 2010 12:30 #419158 by dutchz
My buddies are both on modern Triumphs, a Bonneville and a Thruxton. Down on power, but modern handling. They are both quick riders, and after 2 weeks of rainy weekends took off like scalded cats as soon as the road opened up past those first cars. My buddy Mike actually likes pestering GSXRs on his Bonnie in the tight stuff :blink: He's just bought a Honda 350 to race in Ahrma at Willow this year.

1974 Kawasaki Z1

• larrycavan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
29 Dec 2010 17:04 #419209 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic Here's mine - where's yours?
dutchz wrote:

My buddies are both on modern Triumphs, a Bonneville and a Thruxton. Down on power, but modern handling. They are both quick riders, and after 2 weeks of rainy weekends took off like scalded cats as soon as the road opened up past those first cars. My buddy Mike actually likes pestering GSXRs on his Bonnie in the tight stuff :blink: He's just bought a Honda 350 to race in Ahrma at Willow this year.

Nice video Sander! The bike didn't sound like it was even a little bit taxed. I well imagine it hauls plenty well enough when you crank it up there :)