Here's what I've been up to...

More
10 Nov 2010 08:32 #412000 by Jayar
Replied by Jayar on topic Here's what I've been up to...
Thanks guys! Sorry I haven't responded. I thought I would get email alerts when people replied. Whoops. Anyway, looks like Devin and Kelly jumped in and answered questions. As far as tank finish goes, I have a new idea that might work better than the clear coat.

I want to have the tank chromed then brush it. I do this to chrome pipes all the time and it looks great. I think it'll look like bare metal without the rust worries.

Anyone tried anything like this?

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I'll post some more pics when I get them!

Checking the "subscribe" box now. haha.

JR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2010 12:21 #412032 by CruisingRam
Replied by CruisingRam on topic Here's what I've been up to...
Jayar wrote:

I want to have the tank chromed then brush it. I do this to chrome pipes all the time and it looks great. I think it'll look like bare metal without the rust worries.

Anyone tried anything like this?

JR

I did it by accident the first time, after that, I loved the finish :laugh: - first time was on the pipes of my V65 Sabre, which, though aluminum, gave about the same look you are talking about- then, I did it to some Z1 headers for a customer, and it looked GREAT, I will try to find a pic on my computer with the V65 look that is about as close to a pic that looks right- I don't have any of the customer's bike on my new 'puter, unfortunately.:(

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.