The curse of the green motorcycles

More
06 Oct 2010 11:45 #404526 by Capt America
Replied by Capt America on topic The curse of the green motorcycles
Kidkawie wrote:

Capt America wrote:

Never heard any such nonsense, but then I've never heard of any motorcycle curses or such around these parts. There does seem to be a Legend that remains true.

RIDE HARD, DIE FAST! B)

:unsure: "ride hard, die fast"?

I don't get it. Should we all ride like pussies?

Good Lord NO.. if you all slow down into Pussies like me what in the world will I do for Humor?? I don't have much fun in my old age, but going by a downed wanker sometimes makes my day. Perhaps you could go keep up with this guy, I'll need a future laugh. He almost provides a few.

Capt A merica
1983 K1 750 twin
Ontario, Canada.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
06 Oct 2010 11:57 #404531 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic The curse of the green motorcycles
Looks like Moscow is a LOT more friendly than St Louis.

More
06 Oct 2010 12:02 #404535 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic The curse of the green motorcycles
Pussies cut the last scene.

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
06 Oct 2010 13:30 - 06 Oct 2010 13:32 #404561 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic The curse of the green motorcycles
[/img]Green was always been considered bad luck in drag racing. This car was painted green just to go against the myth. Though you see lots of green nowadays. Look at John Force...hasn't been bad luck for him! lol Personally, green has never been a problem. Blue...now that's another story. Stay away from that color as much as posiible for my bikes. It's all in my head but seems like blue has it out for me for some reason. lol

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Oct 2010 13:32 by racer54.

More
06 Oct 2010 15:36 - 06 Oct 2010 15:37 #404606 by wargoth
Replied by wargoth on topic The curse of the green motorcycles
It didnt seem to hurt me, being on a green bike. Here I am holeshotting my second moto at the Rattlers Run Vintage MX races on my stock '84 KDX250. Won both motos in my class.

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10000096...hp?v=144175352291194
Last edit: 06 Oct 2010 15:37 by wargoth.

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
06 Oct 2010 16:19 #404617 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic The curse of the green motorcycles
dutchz wrote:

I've heard it before and usually from the same people that have gremlin bells on their bike.
I haven't crashed since I painted it green, and I'd rather ride a bike with balls than bells, but to each his own :laugh:

I've actually heard a different story of how Kawasakis got green. This was told to me by Bob Hansen, who ran the Kawasaki USA race program from 1970 on. He's deep in his nineties now but still pops by the shop once in a while. Last time we repaired a CR750 fender for him his dog chewed up :huh: This guy has got some AWESOME racing stories I tell ya...
In the late sixties Kawasaki two stroke racers, like the A1R were painted different shades of blue, red and white, along with most other bikes out there. When Bob was taking over the racing program in 1970 they asked him what color he wanted the team bikes painted, and since the obvious blue, white, silver and red were already "taken" by Honda, Suzuki, Triumph and Yamaha, he told Kawasaki (in a stroke of marketing genius if you ask me) he wanted the bikes bright green, "the color of the Sparkles water truck". So they did, it made the bikes really stand out and people liked it, so it stuck.

Is it true? Who knows, but it's a cool story!

Balls over Bells :laugh: Good one!

More
08 Oct 2010 06:08 - 08 Oct 2010 06:09 #405159 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic The curse of the green motorcycles
The "green is bad luck" myth was fairly common in the HD world when I entered that realm back in the early 90's. With the recent advent of all these dime a dozen "custom builders" trying to outdo each other with flashy paint jobs, the stigma appears to have gone.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)
Last edit: 08 Oct 2010 06:09 by WPBill.