Radar Detectors...who's using them?

More
03 Oct 2010 13:34 #403810 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Radar Detectors...who's using them?
DoubleDub wrote:

Tony wrote:

I've been pretty happy to do the speed limit +10 also, with the occasional burst of speed. But the fact that police can tow you for being 40 km/h over, well.....
To be effective I think you need to have some kind of jammer. It looks like you can get laser jammers, combined with radar/photo radar detectors and a remote helmet display. Big bucks though.
example

For that price I could have a second KZ in case they impound the first...

Heck, for that price I could probably just bribe the cop. :laugh:

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2010 17:00 #403857 by dejavoodo41
Replied by dejavoodo41 on topic Radar Detectors...who's using them?
Radar Detector? Hell I don't even have a working speedometer. I just kinda go with the flow of traffic and I have a good idea of how many RPM certain speeds are so I don't usually have any problems. They did pass a law that if you get caught doing wheelies, stopies, or 50 over the posted limit it's a $1500 fine. Since here people like to run from the cops especially on the freeway. It's funny because two of the first people that they caught were two off duty bike cops who decided to run from the FHP on their sport bikes. It's also a $1500 fine if you have your plate mounted incorrectly. a lot of people were doing the custom sideways swingarm mounts or hiding them up under the tail so they would be harder to see so they put a big price tag on that too. I know that when that first took effect there were some people who came down for bike week and got popped for it. It would seem that the State of Florida doesn't care what is legal in New Mexico or where ever they'll write you for it anyway.

1977 KZ1000A With 1980 KZ1000A MKII engine, Wiseco 1105 kit, Dyna S Ignition, 3 Ohm Dyna Coils, Cams, Mikuni RS34 Carbs, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with Comp Baffle

New Smyrna Beach, FL

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
05 Oct 2010 01:30 #404124 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Radar Detectors...who's using them?
you know i think nailing folks when they are way outta line is fair....as far as radar detectors...the spots around where i live that cops patrol are all known to everyone just about...it is almost an idiot net ,when you see some chick in a porshce s.u.v stopped in the middle of some visable straight away...good for them.....

or the adults who fly down my country road that has two,not one, but two,little schools,marked from 45,to 30,to 25,and they blow right through the whole zone at 50 or above....the chp set up stings and get the whole lot of em a few times a yr....the same assholes living in nice country houses on the hill sides and driving nice cars and can't slow down for the kiddies...they also tail gate both ways if your doing 45 like posted...i brake check em on grumpy days....or just slow down and spin my mirror so i cant see em trying to nascar draft my bumper.......one guy told the cop..hey you gave me a ticket yesterday already......the cop said yes i did...and i will be sure to tell the judge that too........

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
05 Oct 2010 04:11 #404131 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Radar Detectors...who's using them?
"OMR has one...oh wait....that's GAYDAR...."...

Yeah and it's Alerting/beeping on you.... :kiss: :laugh:

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
05 Oct 2010 06:38 - 13 Feb 2012 19:27 #404151 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic .

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2012 19:27 by KZ250LTD.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
05 Oct 2010 07:42 #404164 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic Radar Detectors...who's using them?
KZ250LTD wrote:
Be careful if you're heading to manitoba, Sandy (although really, who would want to :P ). They've changed the way they calculate tickets. usually there is a small grey area and they'll start calculating from 110 in a 100 zone or 120 in a 110 zone and so on but now they're going right from 100 in a 100. My buddy was driving as we were going there, got pulled over doing 130 and got a ticket for ~$460. I didn't think he acted like that much of a smartass! :woohoo:[/quote]

I think that this highlights an important point. I'm not sure how Canada is handling this, but I know that certain localitys in the US are using speeding ticket revinue to suppliment their coffers. I have seen numerous reports lately that the local PD's are not even denying it any more. Tax revinues are down due to lower home ownership rates, and they need to recoup the money somehow to keep up there lifestyle. I personally havn't recieved a warning in the past 3 years. Get pulled over and get a ticket, that's it.

Personally I hate the way that they enforce speeding these days. It's not a system that actually attempts to deter speeders. The police merely want to catch you speeding by hiding in the back of parking lots, bridge overpasses and on the inside of gradual bends in the road. On the other hand, what do you observe when that same officer becomes visible by pulling onto the freeway. Of course, everyone slows immediately. If they had our best interest in mind then they would put those officers in plain view, and people would comply with the posted speeds. Just my .02, cue the black helicopters.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN