cb350 four good for a female beginner?

• 9am53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
10 Sep 2010 07:17 - 10 Sep 2010 07:40 #397423 by 9am53
I have a friend who may be selling me his 73 cb350f. I want to give it to my gf as a starter bike. I was looking for a twin as I thought it would be good for her to start out with the extra torque, would this tiny 4 banger have enough torque down low to keep her from stalling and losing confidence?

Thanks
Last edit: 10 Sep 2010 07:40 by 9am53.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2010 07:59 #397436 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic cb350 four good for a female beginner?
yes they are good starter bikes for smaller folks.
my mom has had two of them.my brother is cafe'ing the second one now.not real powerful but gets you around good enough.super smooth also,they used to have a commercial that showed one with a cup of coffee on the tank and the rpms up around four thousand or something and the coffee was barely rippling.

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
10 Sep 2010 09:17 #397449 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic cb350 four good for a female beginner?
It's a decent bike to start on. As you said, the CB350 twin may be easier to learn on, but the four should be fine.

I've seen more than one person learning on a CB350 twin manage to get the front wheel pretty well airborn during a panic clutch release.

I'll say this though, make sure the carbs are in good shape. They are very finicky and love leaking. They are really small so the jets get clogged easily too. I saw one set where the internal castings were eroded, but I don't know if that is normal for those carbs or if they used a harsh cleaning solvent.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
10 Sep 2010 09:31 #397456 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic cb350 four good for a female beginner?
super cool...but quickly will be severely low powered feel for her....even the 400-4 was a turtle and got boring on folks real quick imo...they are super cool though imo

if she will be riding with you eventually...it will never be fun imo...she'll be watching you leave stoplights ..even when you go as slow as you can ,you'll still walk away,and she will be just catching you by the next stop and then repeat the whole thing again......

they are one of the coolest looking old hondas if it has the dipped in tank sides that i'm thinking of

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• 9am53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
10 Sep 2010 09:40 #397460 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic cb350 four good for a female beginner?
I do plan on riding with her...that way I can get rid of the aweful sissy bar I have. We live in the country, so the nearest traffic light is literally 15 minutes away. She is by no means a speed freak, so the slowness will actually be a blessing. I won't mind going slow because I will be riding with her maybe 3 times a week for a tour of the backroads.

The one I am thinking about has the 4 into 4 exhaust...so it looks like this.

kourt.dehaas.com/cb350f/cb350f-2.jpg

I will wait for prices to fall in another month, and if I can't find a bike for a price I want to pay I will get this one in my basement for the winter.