Rockerbox show-Milwaukee

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2010 19:06 #389164 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic RockerBox Photos
Honda's single shock mod.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2010 19:07 #389165 by DoubleDub
Some CR Specials on the Honda.
Attachments:

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2010 19:08 #389166 by DoubleDub
Other side of the Honda.
Attachments:

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2010 19:09 #389167 by DoubleDub
A couple quick shots of the street.
Attachments:

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2010 19:09 #389168 by DoubleDub
Street again.
Attachments:

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2010 19:10 #389169 by DoubleDub
An Triumph Bonneville.
Attachments:

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2010 19:11 #389170 by DoubleDub
Another Triumph.
Attachments:

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2010 19:12 #389172 by DoubleDub
A Suzuki 500 2-stroke that was for sale.
Attachments:

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2010 19:12 - 07 Aug 2010 19:14 #389173 by DoubleDub
That's what I got. Enjoy!

(Sorry there's no girly pics like Tri's MotoGP trip. I was dissapointed as well...I would have taken them if they were there.)
Last edit: 07 Aug 2010 19:14 by DoubleDub.

More
07 Aug 2010 19:18 #389178 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic RockerBox Photos
DoubleDub wrote:

The "HogSlayer III" - looks like three Norton engines. I'm not old enough to be familiar with it, but looks fun!

Owned by T.C. Christensen.
nortonhogslayer.com/

Two years ago a bunch of us were riding up to Rockerbox. We were really taking our time going up the scenic Sheridan Road way. But we started too late and it was a bunch of stop and go. It looked like we would never make it and I was on a time crunch because I had to work later that day. Then, sure enough, one guy's clutch cable broke. He was a newbie so there was no way he was going to be able to ride without it. (He was also a know-it-all and actually diagnosed it as an electrical problem.) Now, not only was I not going to make it to Rockerbox, I was probably also not going to make it to work on time.

As luck would have it, we were only a few blocks away from T.C.'s shop in Kenosha. We were lucky to catch him because he was on his way out to Rockerbox himself. Not only did he delay his trip to help us, he actually made a new cable for the guy, and I don't think he even charged us! ... The best part was that we actually got to ride to Rockerbox with him and his buddies. My buddy Stan and I were like "man we've been draggin ass with these guys and we need to get there quick". Holy crap he got us there in no-time. We blew up 94 doing about 94.

His shop was unreal. He had the first two Hogslayers...old multi-engine Nortons. looking at them blew my mind. There was a Dyno built into the floor that had a Corvette sitting on it. The shop had tons of old Brit-bikes and memorabelia. I recommend anyone going through Kenosha make a stop there.

www.nortonhogslayer.com/bio.htm

More
07 Aug 2010 21:36 #389215 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic RockerBox Photos
Haha oil stain under the carpet. That bike is like a woman. Every time you get done riding them they always spew oil from under the carpet. Nowadays they still spew oil but no carpet.
Hey Double Dub too bad you didn't let me know you would be there. You missed a picture of the best looking slightly non stock kz there. I will post. Also riding by me was a pristine z1r non-turbo but by the time I whipped out the camera and fired her up she was gonnnnne and that black carpet ride. That bike was a hunk a shite. All of those kz 900 -1000s there were looking like eat up chewed up and spit out. I called the lynch mob. They are looking for the owners of those bikes. Kaw abuse isn't taken lightly in Wisconsin I hear.
OldKowsForever threw a rod through the case in his Kow. I feel bad. Too much abuse for that poor old bike. We were doing upwards of 85. Too bad I don't have a real speedo to tell me exactly but my r's were up around 7-8 most of the time.
The ride back was really sweet. I got a super video of a badass cuda if someone can show me how to upload this I will do it. Plus I will put up pics tomorrow. Peace.
DoubleDub wrote:

KZ1000 that was for sale - fuzzy seat.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
08 Aug 2010 07:53 #389275 by DoubleDub
Sax - I looked for the bike in your avatar and didn't find it anywhere. I looked for Sean's 750 Cafe also, but didn't find it. Not sure if you guys parked inside the ropes or not. We'll have to make sure we hook up some other time.

Did he seriously put a rod through his case? Any idea what failed yet?

I use Windows Movie Maker to upload videos to YouTube. Once it's uploaded, just paste the link into a post and it auto-magically embeds the video into your post.