79 KZ1000mk2 prodject
78 KZ650sr
78 KZ650b
81 KZ750e
80 KZ750ltd
77 KZ400/440 cafe project
76 KZ400/440 Fuel Injected

www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=39120.0

Last edit: 09 Aug 2010 19:37 by Nebr_Rex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2010 19:38 #389770 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Rockerbox show-Milwaukee
I got a great pic of her bike! Not her. Purple hair just doesn't do it for me. lol
seanbarney41 wrote:

Ohh yeah, didn't anybody get a picture of that Ton Up chick with the matte purple cafed cb 450? She had short dyed red hair and really nice...uh...bike.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200
Attachments:

More
09 Aug 2010 19:45 #389772 by saxjonz
Hell, yeah! Ok so it's on for labor day weekend. We will go then with you guys. I will let my guys know then that that will be the date!
Whereabouts do you live in Michigan. 12 is the way! I love riding up that way.
seanbarney41 wrote:

Party like a rock star? Nah, I partied with the Rock Stars...err...uhh well the Get Drunk djs and some of those band members from the show are mostly friends of mine from the Milwaukee punk/garage scene. For me it was cool to go to a bike show and not see some kinda imitation rockabilly/retro posers but I understand some of those bands may be a little too musically "underground" for the majority of Rockerbox attendees. I rode home on sunday takin' 32/137 down the lakeshore to Chi-town. Thats basically the route you were talkin' about above? Then I took us-12 from Chicago most of the way home. That consisted of awsome ghetto south side, industrial waste-wonderland and Indiana Dunes National Park(this is where the funnest riding was). After that, all is left is familiar but beloved south west Michigan. Comin' to Michigan next weekend? We should definately meet up somewhere. I don't know if I can make it all the way to Traverse City. The "fart grow Honda" is seeming pretty tired after all that. I'm guessing it's just general periodic maintenance stuff. Also I'm a little bit financially exhausted. But maybe I can get shit pulled together. Do you have a route planned yet? My club is planning a trip up to Traverse City area Labor Day weekend. There is a cool biker campground with a shop and a mini-museum with some killer old bikes. Six bucks to camp, no reservations necessary, and party at will! It's called Cycle Moor. I can probably get you a link. The roads around Traverse City are the best I have ever ridden. I want to go ride 'em any chance I can. Just gotta get my shit together this week.

79 LTD B3

• seanbarney41
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '79 kz1000 LTD '75 Honda CB750
More
09 Aug 2010 21:32 #389787 by seanbarney41
Replied by seanbarney41 on topic Rockerbox show-Milwaukee
I live in Kalamazoo, small city located almost precisely between Chicago and Detroit, about 40 minutes from lake Michigan. I better warn you that most of the guys in my club are Hardly chopper guys, One guy with a Yamaha XJ 650 (pretty cool bike!}, one guy with a newish Triumph. Hmmm, not too many cool people to wrench and ride with in my town I guess. All real good guys though. I don't like Harleys, they don't like Jap bikes, but we all love bikes and manage to get along with lots of jokin' around, bench racin', ...stop light battles I lose, curve in the road?, they lose. Would love to have ya and whoever else along labor day weekend.

More
11 Aug 2010 08:19 #390087 by saxjonz
How about a nice Michigan ride this weekend? Sunday we can ride up and meet you up along the lakefront somewhere. There is another guy with a z1 that lives in Indiana. Don't know him but he just posted up on the kzchicago thread that you posted on. He wants to go for a ride. This Sunday would be a perfect time. Wow, had no idea that you were riding from that far. Thought you to be a Chicago tonupper. Very nice that we get the chance to share our debilitating habits. More and more I think we aren't much different than your run of the mill crack head looking for a fix. It's a craziness that I think I can live with. An expensive habit but a good one to have considering all the other habits that are life altering.

79 LTD B3

More
11 Aug 2010 08:39 #390090 by saxjonz
You know Delilah's this year wasn't so bad. I thought that there were quite a few nice bikes there as well and several bikes came to see as well. No music and no closed off street. I think, perhaps, if they did that it would be on as far as who has the best show. Quantity never beats quality.
loudhvx wrote:

Rockerbox is probably the best show in the Chicago-Milwaukee area, and that's not easy for a Chicagoan to admit to. :lol:

It's not a swap meet, it's more like a big party with a shit ton of bikes around. No entry fee. Lots of food and drink stands and many indoor bars and restaurants in case of the occasional shower. Way more women than a swap meet too!

I have to work in the afternoon, but I might slip in for a few minutes in the morning.

79 LTD B3

• seanbarney41
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '79 kz1000 LTD '75 Honda CB750
More
11 Aug 2010 13:25 #390136 by seanbarney41
Replied by seanbarney41 on topic Rockerbox show-Milwaukee
saxjonz wrote:

How about a nice Michigan ride this weekend? Sunday we can ride up and meet you up along the lakefront somewhere. There is another guy with a z1 that lives in Indiana. Don't know him but he just posted up on the kzchicago thread that you posted on. He wants to go for a ride. This Sunday would be a perfect time. Wow, had no idea that you were riding from that far. Thought you to be a Chicago tonupper. Very nice that we get the chance to share our debilitating habits. More and more I think we aren't much different than your run of the mill crack head looking for a fix. It's a craziness that I think I can live with. An expensive habit but a good one to have considering all the other habits that are life altering.

That sounds like a great way to get our fix!:P We could meet up at he MI./Indiana border and ride as far north as time/comfort/sanity allow. Only thing is, I won't be no kinda early riser on Sunday as there is a party at my house Saturday night. So maybe it would be better to meet up North somewhere and ride with ya south. Let me know what you think about times, places, specifics.

More
13 Aug 2010 11:05 #390654 by saxjonz
We are on for Michigan Sunday. Let me know I pm'ed you so Michigan city would be right before 9a. Actually we will ride the skyway exit new buffalo. And probably stop in new haven

79 LTD B3