how did you do it before the internet?

More
12 Jul 2010 11:40 #381998 by asevans
i bought my bike a couple years ago and dont know what i would do without this site. ive learned a lifetime of knowledge in a couple years. thanx to all. im just wondering how people like me or you diagnosed problems and got parts before the days of the internet. must have been frustrating.

1976 kz900 Mostly stock
1978 Z1-R Project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 9am53
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
12 Jul 2010 12:04 #382002 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic how did you do it before the internet?
I feel the same way! I don't know anybody interested in these bikes so I am at it myself with nobody to teach me first hand. If it weren't for the internet, in particular this site I don't know what I would do.

More
12 Jul 2010 12:09 #382010 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic how did you do it before the internet?
In the days before the internet, there were many many repair shops that actually knew what a KZ was...I farmed much of my business to them...now we have to rely on the internet because all those shops no longer exist, or no longer cover KZ's. :)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
12 Jul 2010 13:01 #382027 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic how did you do it before the internet?
About 15 years ago I was into Mopars, kind of relates to the old Kawis. I would find parts or information in magazines, autoshopper/trader magazines or Hemmings. To meet people I would go to car shows or the drag strip and network that way. It was all by word of mouth and was a pain. I think if the internet was around then I would still have my Cuda. :dry:

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

• porchev914
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
More
12 Jul 2010 19:33 #382115 by porchev914
Replied by porchev914 on topic how did you do it before the internet?
X2 McDroid

The local Kaw dealer stocked parts for the KZ's and still serviced them. APE was a little shop in Burbank and I recall the old man stopping by Vance&Hines to pick up a new exhaust when I was a young teenager. The sources were much fewer and farther between, but it was managable. Hey, we'd didn't know any better, thats just how it was.

FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

• HT8R
  • Visitor
12 Jul 2010 19:37 #382116 by HT8R
Replied by HT8R on topic how did you do it before the internet?
porchev914 wrote:

X2 McDroid

The local Kaw dealer stocked parts for the KZ's and still serviced them. APE was a little shop in Burbank and I recall the old man stopping by Vance&Hines to pick up a new exhaust when I was a young teenager. The sources were much fewer and farther between, but it was managable. Hey, we'd didn't know any better, thats just how it was.

Word. And we used our heads.

More
12 Jul 2010 21:53 #382152 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic how did you do it before the internet?
Mcdroid wrote:

In the days before the internet, there were many many repair shops that actually knew what a KZ was...I farmed much of my business to them...now we have to rely on the internet because all those shops no longer exist, or no longer cover KZ's. :)

yeahandi gotscrewed by most of them inthe learning process! :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.