Pittsburgh Area Carb Help

More
07 Jul 2010 11:01 #380808 by roccon99
Pittsburgh Area Carb Help was created by roccon99
Hello All.

First let me say that I have only posted on here a few times, but every response I've gotten has been quick, friendly, and extremely helpful. So thanks to everyone on here for helping us rookies out.

With that being said, I figure I'd take a shot in the dark asking for some more specific help. I'm planning on cleaning/adjusting/rejetting my carbs in the next couple of weeks. I'm putting on some custom exhaust and I have pod filters as well - so the adjustment's probably going to be pretty drastic.

I have very little experience working with carbs and this is kind of a totally new adventure to me. I looked into taking the bike to a shop to have them work on it, but they are extremely expensive (upwards of $600 b/c they require the use of a dyno). Plus, I'd like to learn how to do some of it myself.

I think I can handle the basics to get it cleaned and back to stock, but I'm not so sure about determining the right jetting and getting it adjusted properly. So here's the question: is there anyone located in the Pittsburgh area who would be willing to lend a hand in helping me get my carbs working properly? I'd obviously be willing to travel to you and willing to pay you whatever you think is reasonable. And it doesn't have to be anytime soon. I appreciate everyone's help - thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2010 12:12 #380814 by anarki650
Replied by anarki650 on topic Pittsburgh Area Carb Help
What kind of bike and what kind of carbs? Knowing that will probably get you suggestions that'll put you right on the money with jet sizes.

09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

More
07 Jul 2010 13:34 #380823 by roccon99
Replied by roccon99 on topic Pittsburgh Area Carb Help
Ha, I forgot to mention the absolute most important part!...thanks for catching that.

The bike is an 81 KZ650 CSR. The carbs are the stock Mikuni's (not entirely sure of the exact model).

The general setup is 4 pods with the stock headers chopped and each running its own shorty muffler (baffled, but quite unrestrictive).