Met another Classic owner today

More
01 Jul 2010 14:35 #379487 by gnfreak
Met another Classic owner today was created by gnfreak
pulled into Home Depot to look at grills after a nice 80 mile ride. Someone pulls up in a truck and sez "nice bike, i've got one just like it at home." turns out he lives just a few miles up the road. he bought it, put it back together and rode it for awhile before having some starting issues. we exchanged numbers and i'll make sure to tell him about this wonderful site. he also wants to know where i bought the small quarter fairing. hopefully i can dig up that info. Today's been a good day!!

Normal, IL
1980 KZ1000-G1 Classic - Sold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
01 Jul 2010 15:48 - 01 Jul 2010 17:26 #379498 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Met another Classic owner today
nice....great story....i had a card left on my bike at a local airshow "wanna sell it"....tunrs out the guy has the same bike in pieces and just wanted one that ran for a rider ....... you gotta call the guy...for sure... me and the airshow guy spoke twice and then fadded away and i misplaced the card....

another guy at work had em with his brother back in the day...his was the crash- hospital- month to walk again -and -insurnace then rebuild-sold it story...
He said his brother has two or three all original and taken apart -but not running ect...says the brother does not even have a computer and "kinda" knows they are still worth somthing".....but would not give me the guys number...says his brother would never sell em B) .... he walked by while i was on kzr on a work computer and said over my shoulder "hey that's my old bike" to our KZR's orange and root beer homepage bike.........i gotta find this brothers bikes someday and at least see.....he said they are all original...:huh:

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 01 Jul 2010 17:26 by trianglelaguna.

More
01 Jul 2010 15:59 #379500 by gnfreak
Replied by gnfreak on topic Met another Classic owner today
wouldnt that be a nice find?

Normal, IL
1980 KZ1000-G1 Classic - Sold