BMW has a rocket in the BMW s 1000 rr.

More
26 Jun 2010 18:21 #378445 by harm
I never think of a BMW when talking super fast bikes!Check out these videos!

www.brocksperformance.com/S1000RR_News.htm

More power than the ZX14 and Hayabusa...

Hopefully this has not been posted on KZR yet.

Tom
Holland, MI

1980 KZ550 ELR

2011 Concours14

2017 KX450 [/color]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2010 02:09 #378490 by Ituen
Replied by Ituen on topic BMW has a rocket in the BMW s 1000 rr.
I'm glad BMW made this bike. It means the Big Four have to step up if they want to beat this game changer. It's making 20 more hp than the 10R on the dyno, but Kawasaki has something for the S1000RR. The "big bang" '11 ZX-10R is going to bring it!

1982 KZ750 E
Kawasaki Rider

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
27 Jun 2010 02:30 #378493 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic BMW has a rocket in the BMW s 1000 rr.
it was built to win a world superbike title and maybe feel the waters edge for a GP effort...it also had the unfortunate timing of being released the same year as Max Biaggi and the aprillia rsv4 factory....are throwing down....

it is terrific racebike....it is terrible streetbike....

the only problem with building a bike for your company to dominate a series .....is that there is no way of fortelling when the other guy is gonna hire the best rider in that series.....

BMW also did the wrong thing in copying the other guys term paper......i believe it will be a flash in the pan and not even achieve the success of say ducati's re-entry in the eighties with it's 851 superbike.....

next year will tell....the one running in ama premier class is crashed or dnf'd...that is a good measure of it's transfer from drawing board to track day......

it is a great leap in plaggerism for such a proud Co. and it plays second fiddle to the RSV4....if your gonna cheat...at least cheat to win.....

it's a first generation R-1 copy with gsxr lightness studies applied....it's a finished run in it's debut year....the other guys bike.....oh...and it's ugly...but what do expect from europe.....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
27 Jun 2010 07:46 #378522 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic BMW has a rocket in the BMW s 1000 rr.
Personally I hate the thing for everything that it is exept for one. I feel like it's BMW's admission that their iconic boxer engine can't cut it on the track. It's would be the same thing as Harley building an inline 4 racebike. I just don't have a lot of respect for that initially. If they stick with it for 10 years, then we'll see.

It's ugly and expensive. Yeah, it makes a ton of horsepower, but as a ZX-10r owner, I can tell you that you don't really need any more power. You are rarely able to use what it has. Look at the WSBK results this year. The BMW and Aprilia have a clear horsepower advantage, but BMW can't even use it to good effect. What you need is the ability to use the available power.

The only reason that I welcome it, is that it might potentially cause the other oem's to step up their game. I wish that Kawasaki would build a newer ZX-10r that would make me want to replace my 04. The 06-07's are heaver, uglier, and they dumbed-down the motor. The 08-10's are uglier still, but are supposed to be a better all around bike. For me to spend my money it would need to be the total package. Heck, I just wish that Kawasaki would take the fight to somebody in any roadrace series. They promise big things for 2011. We'll see!

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

More
27 Jun 2010 08:46 #378527 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic BMW has a rocket in the BMW s 1000 rr.
just another ugly ass plastic bike! excuse me as i go out and adjust the valves on my 350 honda,a real mans bike you can see the motor on! :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
27 Jun 2010 08:55 #378529 by Yamatr3
Replied by Yamatr3 on topic BMW has a rocket in the BMW s 1000 rr.
testarossa wrote:

I wish that Kawasaki would build a newer ZX-10r that would make me want to replace my 04. The 06-07's are heaver, uglier, and they dumbed-down the motor. The 08-10's are uglier still, but are supposed to be a better all around bike.

I totally agree. The last ZX10 I liked was the 04-05 models.

Kawi even has a teaser website for the 2011 model.

www.kawasaki-challenge.com/#

More
27 Jun 2010 08:59 #378530 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic BMW has a rocket in the BMW s 1000 rr.
Yamatr3 wrote:

testarossa wrote:

I wish that Kawasaki would build a newer ZX-10r that would make me want to replace my 04. The 06-07's are heaver, uglier, and they dumbed-down the motor. The 08-10's are uglier still, but are supposed to be a better all around bike.

I totally agree. The last ZX10 I liked was the 04-05 models.

Kawi even has a teaser website for the 2011 model.

www.kawasaki-challenge.com/#

vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vi...ual&VideoID=12202637 :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
06 Jul 2010 18:50 #380691 by Yamatr3