So.....Are You a "Biker" or a "Rider" ?

More
04 Sep 2009 04:48 #319022 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic So.....Are You a
I ride my bike because it's there. ....er...they are there! And if they weren't there I'd go buy some more and then they'd be there ...and I'd ride them....and if I had to I'd steal them....and they'd be there...and I'd ride them....and I'd be a biker....er no.....a.rider....er...no......a motorcyclist....er...no....a thief ..YES...I'd be a thief! And I'd be in jail....where there are no bikes.....so I wouldn't be anything but a CON. I don't like where this is heading..... :S

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MentalMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • God Bless America!
More
04 Sep 2009 05:35 #319027 by MentalMike
Replied by MentalMike on topic So.....Are You a
Locozuna wrote:

I ride my bike because it's there. ....er...they are there! And if they weren't there I'd go buy some more and then they'd be there ...and I'd ride them....and if I had to I'd steal them....and they'd be there...and I'd ride them....and I'd be a biker....er no.....a.rider....er...no......a motorcyclist....er...no....a thief ..YES...I'd be a thief! And I'd be in jail....where there are no bikes.....so I wouldn't be anything but a CON. I don't like where this is heading..... :S

LOL....Good stuff! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.

1976 Kawasaki KZ900
1978 Kawasaki KZ1000A
1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C
1984 Kawasaki ZN1100 LTD
1985 Kawasaki ZX900A2 GPZ (2)
1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
2013 Kawasaki C14 Concours

More
04 Sep 2009 05:38 #319029 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic So.....Are You a "Biker" or a "Rider" ?
"I wouldn't be anything but a CON"... No so Loco....
You'd be someones biatch! Sell your ass for a pack of smokes.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
04 Sep 2009 08:56 #319059 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic So.....Are You a
hahaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaahaahahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old Man Rock wrote:

"I wouldn't be anything but a CON"... No so Loco....
You'd be someones biatch! Sell your ass for a pack of smokes.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
04 Sep 2009 09:47 #319066 by kzr750r1
Replied by kzr750r1 on topic So.....Are You a
This all reminds me of a co worker who called all the "other" Harley owners RUBS.

I'm in it for the riding... Some think I'm in it for the tinkering.

My main complaint with folks these days is the consumer mentality. When something breaks it's usually discarded. How about a novel idea of learning to diagnose and fix things? Repairing the beast is the best reward without just dropping it off for an "expert" to solve. Of course when things are out of my "skill level" I punt. TIG welding aluminum for example, at this point it's a PUNT. Someday I will not though.

What happens when the sucker dies for some un explainable reason on the road... AAA should not be the only answer. ;)

KZ750R1 + 1991 ZR750 = KZR750R1
Better to be shot out of a cannon then squeezed through a tube. - HST

More
04 Sep 2009 09:50 - 04 Sep 2009 09:54 #319067 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic So.....Are You a
Not even for real Cuban cigars! Me and this ass been tight for a LOT of years!!! Gonna stay that way too. Little ole Stalag ain't gonna change that too fast. Name was not a random pick either. Enough worries to go 'round the yard.
I liked that toothy critter but I liked better what she was about to munch on. First 2 movies were GREAT! Pred vs Aliens was OK too.
;)

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"
Last edit: 04 Sep 2009 09:54 by Locozuna. Reason: Something is in my chest.....

More
05 Sep 2009 18:09 #319320 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic So.....Are You a
Patton wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• ArthurGoVroom
  • User
  • I'd rather ride it than shine it
More
06 Sep 2009 09:58 #319487 by ArthurGoVroom
Replied by ArthurGoVroom on topic So.....Are You a
MadMac74 wrote:

And the ones who don't wave back? , THEIR the riders !!

I like that definition!

Another one that I have heard mentioned is that, "Bikers are a rare breed, Harley riders are a dime a dozen" LOL

Granted some of the Harley guys still bend their own wrenches, but a sadly growing number of people with bikes now only have a checkbook and a pen in their toolbox.

1976 KZ900A4, 4-1 header, rear lowering kit, grab bar removed, still shining and painting parts as time permits

More
06 Sep 2009 11:19 #319505 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic So.....Are You a
I agree!!!!!111
;) Old Man Rock wrote:

For those old enough to remember, back in the 60's and 70's the term "Biker" was somewhat different... The coming of the Hells Angels into society awareness, Woodstock and the Hells Angels being security :blink: , Billy Jack movies and of course as mentioned Easy Rider....

It was a cultural freak out from the IBM clone to revolutionary long hair and facial hair, LSD music :ohmy:.... Leave it to Beaver Moms to hip huggers, braless, uninhibited sex and unfortunately... Hairy Arm pits! :X

Now days who knows the difference... I've witness this myself, on my jap bike in a crowd of HD weekend warriors... Talking their smack about Jap bikes...

Of course I just shrug and think to myself, anytime you want to 1/4mile for pinks a-hole let me know...

Well after hearing enough of their BS, I ask them about their displacements, compressions, bore and stroke, jetting, gear ratios you name it... The riders who had been opening their pieholes STFU & don't say a word now, the bikers speak proudly for discussions on their rides....

NOTE: Not all HD owners are asswipes...

The bikers regardless of owning a HD will come up and say "Whoa, is that a KZ-900 and go cool, I remember that bike back in the 70's... That was one fast rocket ship of a ride".... and then ask what I have done with her... B)

I look at it this way these days...

Bikers are owners of their rides, regardless of what they ride American, European or Japanese, learn as much as possible of their rides internal workings and operations, work on their rides tweaking, tuning and keeping their girls in tip top operations and fix them when they have to.

A rider is just that, a RIDER....

Just my 2 worthless cents worth...

OMR

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

More
06 Sep 2009 11:38 #319508 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic So.....Are You a "Biker" or a "Rider" ?
Russ you bring a tear to my eyes.
I personally think this. Cycling is a disease that once you have been infected there is no going back. Ever. I think of all the better more constructive things I could be doing rather than spending on riding and fixing up an old beast to better than new standards I just can't reconcile the urge to be sensible. It's manageable but for the rider they come and they go. Everyone experiences a taste of life to know who they are as individuals. Some try riding for reasons x,y and z but aren't convinced. And some develop addictive personalities toward riding to the point it gets to be what defines them as a person. I can call my buddies any time of day or night and propose some stupid crazy idea and they say "Let's Go!!" That is my idea of a biker. A rider would be like "What?! Are you outta your friggin mind?!" We went to Florida at great expense to bring our "own" bikes through the frigid air to the point of where it was safe enough to ride and rode two whole weeks straight putting countless miles in that God Forsaken state of riding. We could have rented Harleys for less but chose our own steedsForgive me Kawickrice, no offense. Crazy drivers down there and all flat land with not much variation cept the oceanside, women and warm weather. But hey I will take those factors because that makes for a great time!
Sturgis came and I said I would go but since I spent all of my money on driving up to California to see Moto GP which was nice but... I came back and some of my friends asked me if I was going and of course I went. Why? Because I love the feel of being on two wheels and I am glad I went albeit the week before it actually kicked off but with my brothers who rode and I spent too much money but hey it wasn't about the bikes there because a week before there weren't all the trailer heads and biker wannabes. It was just us. The guys who do this as part of what it is that we do on a daily basis. Because we need to not because so much that we want to. Although that is a strong factor as well.
I ride and see guys on Harley's (or any other brand). You can always tell the bikers from the riders in a heartbeat. It's a warm heartfelt sharing of passion that is most enjoyable because when you see them you have a reassurance that you will be riding like that when you get older as well. I think personally that it will be on my KZ but then who knows maybe I will ride a "fat lady" as long as I don't get her pregnant and have to support her and her child for 18 more years. :woohoo: :kiss: Pretty sure I will not ever ride a scooter as a part of my daily regimen that I have heard people say "They are fun to ride man! To which I reply "Maybe. But they say fat ladies are fun to ride to but you'll never catch me dead riding one." I digress.

79 LTD B3

More
06 Sep 2009 11:49 #319510 by saxjonz
Limey, I can't say I agree. I have met many bikers and it seems many many many ride Harleys. They complain about them too. I rode my friends Indian, another friends Fat Boy and I have to say there is something cool about riding slow and low and vibrating your innards out but it's not for me. I guess as some get older they slow down to the pace of life and enjoy it. If they wanna ride a Harley how can that strip them of being a biker. I know too there are many knuckleheads and just plain ignorant aces that ride Harley too but I say it's not what you ride but that you ride. We all feel the same love.
I consider myself a pure amateur of two wheels. Never a professional. I do it because I love it. And if for shame I have to ride a honda rebel or fat lady I would do it because I love to ride that much that I would be willing to sacrifice my image and enjoyment level out of pure hunger to get my fix. So if you see me riding a scooter or fat lady don't laugh just know my bike is outta commission for a short while and I am desparate like a crack head fiending for a fix. I would even ride a Harley. Which brings me to the point of drinking and riding. I was at the club the other day and I came to the conclusion that these guys may ride Harleys due in part to the safety factor inherent in riding such machines. They all get all roudy and take off hard and I notice a lot of noise but as I run after them to return some thing they may have forgotten it dawned on me. They ride Harleys because they are slow enough that an impaired person can ride them without the worry of topsiding or dumping the bike from too much speed coming off the line.:silly:
Limey wrote:

I consider myself a "Motorcycle Enthusiast"!

IMHO, "bikers" ride Harleys and have no idea what it is really all about!

79 LTD B3

More
06 Sep 2009 12:01 #319511 by saxjonz
To be fair that is not entirely true. Yes all of that is true but what if they ride exclusively? What if, yeah they have that look but, they rebuilt that bike and wrench on it themselves? Does that still make them numbnuts? Some people have different visions. Not all Harley dudes are 15/15 some of them actually know how to ride and many have been doing it since you were kickin the slabs on your crib, while you were being funny by peeing all over your mom's face when she attempted a diaper change. Appearances are deceiving. trianglelaguna wrote:

oh you mean the fashion concious crowd....yeah they even know enough about their bikes and bike history that you can often have a two minute conversation with em...if you overlook the errors in the stuff they say......looks good on paper so i'll repeat it types.....the flowing hair,the robes,,gunga ..gunga la din......on my deathbed i'll recieve total conciousnessMentalMike wrote:

trianglelaguna, I'd say you got the Biker part right, but to me, these are Riders.

79 LTD B3