So.....Are You a "Biker" or a "Rider" ?

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
02 Sep 2009 14:25 - 02 Sep 2009 18:57 #318633 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic So.....Are You a "Biker" or a "Rider" ?
suzuki madura in a few shots i thought but i'll check again... timebombs...raisng arizona comment.....edit...i swear in a few of the action shots it was a madura....i used to remember this stuff trivia.....they would swap bikes in all the hollywood stuff and figure the public is just gonna see a bike and not notice the substitutes in some scenes.....there was an old 87 taco bell add that i saw get filmed in the desert for a few minutes and they had an ascot 500 and a 883 and in the comercial you could barely tell when it jumped a creek....it was the ascot and not an 883......madura..shadow....tomato..tamatoe...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 02 Sep 2009 18:57 by trianglelaguna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
02 Sep 2009 14:32 - 02 Sep 2009 14:35 #318634 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic So.....Are You a
oh you mean the fashion concious crowd....yeah they even know enough about their bikes and bike history that you can often have a two minute conversation with em...if you overlook the errors in the stuff they say......looks good on paper so i'll repeat it types.....the flowing hair,the robes,,gunga ..gunga la din......on my deathbed i'll recieve total conciousnessMentalMike wrote:

trianglelaguna, I'd say you got the Biker part right, but to me, these are Riders.

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 02 Sep 2009 14:35 by trianglelaguna.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
02 Sep 2009 18:49 - 02 Sep 2009 18:58 #318724 by trianglelaguna
yeah rider there for sure..........whats he grimacing for ?????does he have a lug nut in his mouth....or is that a humming bird he's flavoring.......hope mcloud does not see him wearing his gloves...he may tell fonzie about the pants and jacket he stole too....heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...richie.....potzie.....heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 02 Sep 2009 18:58 by trianglelaguna.

More
02 Sep 2009 19:38 #318740 by junkyard
Replied by junkyard on topic So.....Are You a "Biker" or a "Rider" ?
i dont know what it was for you guys. but i can still remember the first time i seen a z model at the gas station i was on a 02 ninja he was on a 70s model kz 900..we talked for an hour about that bike...then i traded mine to a guy that found a 1978 kz650 in a barn..which is now my baby..this doesnt really fit this forum but i wanted to share

1978 kawasaki kz 650

More
02 Sep 2009 20:13 #318755 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic So.....Are You a "Biker" or a "Rider" ?
So here I was thinking "I'm not a Biker" because I got no devil tattoos, I don't wear the silly "outlaw" costumes, I don't care for choppers or bikes adorned with skulls, I don't get drunk and roar around the neighborhood on a Harley with straight pipes, etc.

Given the 2 choices, the process of elimination says I must then be a "Rider." To confirm this, I got on the internet to see if I am correct. So I lookup "motorcycle rider." I get the following picture at the "Motorcycle Rider Club of America (MRCA)" and I'm feeling pretty good about the label I stuck on myself:

MRCA

Heck, I even recognize the bike and the owner's ID. But, being the careful type I decide to doublecheck. So I go to the "Motorcycle Rider News" site where I find a sample of typical "mototcycle rider" women folk.

Motorcycle Rider News

Now I'm thinking I'm not a biker or a rider. Maybe I'm just a guy named Ed that loves motorcycles. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
02 Sep 2009 20:16 #318757 by trianglelaguna
second from left is arai59 sneeking into the photo....clap,clap,clap650ed wrote:

So here I was thinking "I'm not a Biker" because I got no devil tattoos, I don't wear the silly "outlaw" costumes, I don't care for choppers or bikes adorned with skulls, I don't get drunk and roar around the neighborhood on a Harley with straight pipes, etc.

Given the 2 choices, the process of elimination says I must then be a "Rider." To confirm this, I got on the internet to see if I am correct. So I lookup "motorcycle rider." I get the following picture at the "Motorcycle Rider Club of America (MRCA)" and I'm feeling pretty good about the label I stuck on myself:

MRCA

Heck, I even recognize the bike and the owner's ID. But, being the careful type I decide to doublecheck. So I go to the "Motorcycle Rider News" site where I find a sample of typical "mototcycle rider" women folk.

Motorcycle Rider News

Now I'm thinking I'm not a biker or a rider. Maybe I'm just a guy named Ed that loves motorcycles. Ed

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
03 Sep 2009 00:06 #318791 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic So.....Are You a
650ed wrote:

So I go to the "Motorcycle Rider News" site where I find a sample of typical "mototcycle rider" women folk.

Motorcycle Rider News

Yikes! :blink:

You can tell that they're all sucking in their guts but they still look like the pillsbury dough boy's sister :S

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

• MentalMike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • God Bless America!
More
03 Sep 2009 03:31 - 03 Sep 2009 03:37 #318797 by MentalMike
Replied by MentalMike on topic So.....Are You a
650ed wrote:

MRCA

Motorcycle Rider News

Told you I posted this on another forum. B) And she was looking real good too, wasn't she? (My bike, not the chicks) :P

I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.

1976 Kawasaki KZ900
1978 Kawasaki KZ1000A
1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C
1984 Kawasaki ZN1100 LTD
1985 Kawasaki ZX900A2 GPZ (2)
1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
2013 Kawasaki C14 Concours
Last edit: 03 Sep 2009 03:37 by MentalMike.

More
03 Sep 2009 04:30 #318803 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic So.....Are You a
650ed wrote:

So I go to the "Motorcycle Rider News" site where I find a sample of typical "mototcycle rider" women folk.

Motorcycle Rider News

The second from the right looks to be the pick of the litter. :woohoo:

The second from the left looks like a "choppa-dick-off-a-me" in progress. :ohmy:

BTW, Ed, you might be a motorcyclist. It seems like a reasonable title to me.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
03 Sep 2009 06:27 #318825 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic So.....Are You a

I'm gonna pop one!!

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

More
03 Sep 2009 06:31 #318828 by Russ Jackson
Replied by Russ Jackson on topic So.....Are You a
I wouldn't let my dog sleep with any one of them. Pass around Biker Chicks...Russ

1976 KZ 900 B1 29 smoothbores, Kerker, Lester Mags
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 abs

More
03 Sep 2009 09:10 #318854 by pitblue/kz
Replied by pitblue/kz on topic So.....Are You a
the second from the left looks like a dude,
ive got a question- is the early 90s zrx considered a member of the z family?