Does it still look like a cop bike

More
14 Sep 2009 09:23 #321550 by chance
Replied by chance on topic Does it still look like a cop bike
I can dig that Bro. That black one's a Rat bike I like it too but I'd sling the front faring for a nice vintage headlight .. I've seen some painted up cop bikes that looked cruisers like a wing and such . I think with paint and the cop IDs removed they look Good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2009 10:41 #321565 by Jimbo302
Replied by Jimbo302 on topic Does it still look like a cop bike
Russ Jackson wrote:

You need to calm down. How old are you anyway? I didn't by an ex police crown vic to piss you off and neither did the guy riding the p1000. Perhaps we just liked the machinery and the price? Maybe if you lived a slightly better life you wouldn't cringe and get in a state of panic turned anger, simply when you see a police vehicle.

More
14 Sep 2009 10:56 #321568 by Russ Jackson
Replied by Russ Jackson on topic Does it still look like a cop bike
Jimbo302 wrote:

Russ Jackson wrote:

You need to calm down. How old are you anyway? I didn't by an ex police crown vic to piss you off and neither did the guy riding the p1000. Perhaps we just liked the machinery and the price? Maybe if you lived a slightly better life you wouldn't cringe and get in a state of panic turned anger, simply when you see a police vehicle.

Before you go cracking on me read the post. I SAID DRIVING AROUND ACTING LIKE A COP. And at 48yrs old I live a great life. I havent had but 3 tickets in 20 years. One and only Wife for 26 years in May. I love Her as much today as ever. Two Great Children. And a nice KZ900. Seriously if you have read any of my posts you would realize that it is mostly tounge in cheek. Lighten up a little Francis. I was Laughing when I wrote it. You on the other hand seem a little on Tilt? Are you an only Child? Part time Security Guard? Mall Cop? Just Kidding... I have nothing against a Cop Bike. I have a problem with a Non-Cop acting like a Cop. You know running up on a guy in the fast lane. Driving at the speed limit with a trail of drivers behind him. You know basically screwing with people while looking like a Cop. I hope I didn't hit close to home...Russ

1976 KZ 900 B1 29 smoothbores, Kerker, Lester Mags
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 abs

More
14 Sep 2009 12:08 - 14 Sep 2009 12:10 #321605 by Jimbo302
I need to lighten up "francis"? I thought the same thing when I read this:

Russ Jackson wrote:

Kind of looks like someone who wants to be a cop with attitude. Personally I hate Cop Bikes. All they do is disrupt traffic and piss pople off. I really hate the wannabe cop bike when the driver has a cop helmet. Rip that chit off. You have ridden that bike and you know what other drivers do when they see it. Just like the tool that drives a Crown Victoria with a spot light on the mirror. Everytime I see one I say the same thing. What an A-Hole. I also think if you enjoy pissing people off with it you need your ass kicked. JMHO I just call it like I see it...Russ

Doesn't sound like you are laughing or a tounge in cheek comment, but I can give the benefit of the doubt if you say so.

I legitimately asked how old you were because your comment came across as very childish. Your response was very immature as well:

Russ Jackson wrote:

lighten up francis. Are you an only Child? Part time Security Guard? Mall Cop? Just Kidding...

How would running over the speed limit in the left lane be "acting like a cop"? Especially if "Driving at the speed limit" is also "acting like a cop"? Can the rider control the sheeple that are unwilling to pass him?

"Sorry if you hit home"? No you aren't, that was what you were attempting. Another insecure sarcastic jab from you.

I never drove the crown vic as I used it for parts, but I often thought what a great car it would be to use as a daily. I've never owned a p1000 but would love to have a tough kz like that to ride regardless of its past life.

I'm glad you are living such a rewarding life, in that case there is no need to become so irritated when you see someone out driving an ex police vehicle, enjoy your life, don't worry so much about others.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2009 12:10 by Jimbo302.

More
14 Sep 2009 12:16 #321608 by Jimbo302
And do you seriously think this comment makes me seem "on tilt"? or is that just another insecure jab because I said you should calm down?

If you seriously took this as being "on tilt" then I would venture to say that your insecurity is leading you to read too much into it in order to find a reason to inflate your chest. Jimbo302 wrote:

Russ Jackson wrote:

You need to calm down. How old are you anyway? I didn't buy an ex police crown vic to piss you off and neither did the guy riding the p1000. Perhaps we just liked the machinery and the price? Maybe if you lived a slightly better life you wouldn't cringe and get in a state of panic turned anger, simply when you see a police vehicle.

More
14 Sep 2009 12:20 #321609 by Jimbo302
dblhdr wrote:

1981 KZ 1000 C-3 with a few de-cop additions

As for the OP's post. Yes it still looks like a cop bike. Its the fairing in white that does it. I could put that fairing on a huffy and it would fool someone looking through a rear view mirrow for a second. A darker color or fairing change would get rid of that look if that is what you are looking to do.

More
14 Sep 2009 13:19 - 14 Sep 2009 13:31 #321615 by Russ Jackson
Jimbo:
Do you find that other drivers altar the way they drive when a fake cop car is around? I am not upset at you or Mad. The Francis quote is a famous one out of the movie stripes. Can you understand that when I see someone driving around in an old Cop Car with the spotlight, cage in the back, cop rims, front bumper, and a cop two tone paint job or a Cop bike with a visor helmet and gloves. I assume that the driver went out of there way to keep it this way only to boost some creepy I want to be a cop thing. I personally could never drive a look-a-like Cop Car. I will always question somebody who does. Are you trying to tell me that people dont drive differently when you pull up behind them. I bet people veer over the minute they see one behind them with no reguard to checking blind spots. I drive 50,000 miles a year and see people do stupid things when the see a Cop behind them. Drive your old cop car and bike its your right but please don't tell me its not a distraction...Russ

Not to mention BREAKING HARD when they see you. I bet some wannabes laugh their asses off when this happens. Those are the ones I would like to have a few minutes of alone time with.

Last edit: 14 Sep 2009 13:31 by Russ Jackson.

More
14 Sep 2009 13:26 #321616 by Russ Jackson

...Russ

More
14 Sep 2009 13:41 #321618 by chance
How about this cop unit

More
14 Sep 2009 13:50 #321619 by chance
Why can't we just all get along...

More
14 Sep 2009 14:00 #321621 by Jimbo302
Russ Jackson wrote:

Jimbo:
Do you find that other drivers altar the way they drive when a fake cop car is around? I am not upset at you or Mad. The Francis quote is a famous one out of the movie stripes. Can you understand that when I see someone driving around in an old Cop Car with the spotlight, cage in the back, cop rims, front bumper, and a cop two tone paint job or a Cop bike with a visor helmet and gloves. I assume that the driver went out of there way to keep it this way only to boost some creepy I want to be a cop thing. I personally could never drive a look-a-like Cop Car. I will always question somebody who does. Are you trying to tell me that people dont drive differently when you pull up behind them. I bet people veer over the minute they see one behind them with no reguard to checking blind spots. I drive 50,000 miles a year and see people do stupid things when the see a Cop behind them. Drive your old cop car and bike its your right but please don't tell me its not a distraction...Russ

Not to mention BREAKING HARD when they see you. I bet some wannabes laugh their asses off when this happens. Those are the ones I would like to have a few minutes of alone time with.

I understand, but how are these reactions any different from an actual police vehicle driving around? I have no problem with people driving safer because they think a police vehicle is near them. There are tons of people who react and drive poorly all the time as well as when they see an LEO's vehicle and I don't see that changing ever. So I don't see how those peoples reactions are the drivers fault or even the ex-police vehicles fault.

I'm not trying to cause a fuss, I just disagreed and wanted to debate your opinion.

More
14 Sep 2009 14:00 #321622 by Jimbo302
chance wrote:

Why can't we just all get along...

Agreed, my apologies.