Build a part....

More
02 Mar 2009 07:16 - 02 Mar 2009 07:18 #269199 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic Build a part....
A luggage rack.
Picture 1 + Picture 2 = what I'd like.
The frame grip (pic 1) has 4 mounting points; the KZ rack has 4 mounting points; the combo GripRack would have 6 mounting points -->> the 4 frame grip mounts plus the 2 KZ rack mounts at the tail lite bracket.
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Mar 2009 07:18 by JMKZHI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2009 07:17 #269200 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic Build a part....
Pic 2
Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2009 09:07 #269217 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Build a part....
Special tools...purpose-built Kawasaki special tools...

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
05 Mar 2009 22:01 #269945 by HenryKrinkle
Replied by HenryKrinkle on topic Build a part....
PLUMMEN wrote:

HenryKrinkle wrote:

An adapter plate or even whole hub that would accomodate modern front rotors and still run spokes. That would be perfect.
Does anyone know of a place I can find this now?

ive already got that one lined up,just need to find rotors with right offset.B)

What bike did you pull the parts from? Would you mind describing the process/mounting plates, etc...?
Thanks

More
06 Mar 2009 05:27 #269983 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Build a part....
no adaptors involved.ive got a friend here locally who works in a tool and die shop who can carve out a complete hub that resembles stock kz hub but has bolt holes in right place for differant rotors,ive seen some billet harley hubs hes done they look really cool.i just have to figure out some sportbike rotors that have close to same offset as stock kz brake rotors for him to make mounting holes for.;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
06 Mar 2009 07:27 - 06 Mar 2009 07:34 #270027 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic Build a part....
PLUMMEN wrote:

i just have to figure out some sportbike rotors that have close to same offset as stock kz brake rotors for him to make mounting holes for.;)

Check your U2U

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Mar 2009 07:34 by StreetfighterKz.

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
06 Mar 2009 14:09 #270068 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic Build a part....
1)I would build an electronic ignition that had four pickups. One that would fire each cylinder individuality. I would then build advance rotors in different timing increments, so you could tune according.

2)The in past there were venturi adapters that slide into the carb. They were only built for a couple models of carbs. A person could buy larger carbs and tune as needed.

3)A high performance oil pump. Something with just alittle more pressure and volume.

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
06 Mar 2009 15:09 #270076 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Build a part....
A fuel injection system for the mighty kz .B)

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

• kzz1p
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
23 Oct 2010 15:01 #408538 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic Build a part....
I wanted to bring this thread up again, to see if there were any new idea's?

More
23 Oct 2010 16:41 #408603 by Capt America
Replied by Capt America on topic Build a part....
There are two things I would do if I ever had the means.

(1) I'd make a cast aluminum or steel replica of the two-into-one intakes used on British twins, but designed to mate up to our Japanese bikes. I believe even a two-into-four would be simple to make if you worked with casting. B)

Then a person could use any carb setup they wished, either a butterfly(Harley type), or a slider, or a CV. (I hate being limited on my choices.) IMO, it'd be such a simple thing to do with the way Japanese heads are made, and would remove the limitations set by the manufacturers with their different spacing, boring, and the rest of the crap they do to intentionally force us to buy they're $1000.00 replacements.

Call me whacked, but I think a pair of butterfly carbs(with endless availability and jetting) could make an inline 4 scream, and reduce cost, and assembly time, and tuning issues. You have to admit, a carb slung out on an angle on each side of an inline 4 would look pretty darn cool also. Of course this would really be simplified on a twin as the British proved.

(2) I'd make a pre-oiler system for our bikes, most have an external orifice for the oiling system that we already hook pressure gauges, and oil coolers to. Pre-oilers are used in most industrial setups to prevent the very wear and un-necessary damage at start-up that it seems to be OK to allow on vehicles used by Joe public.

Capt A merica
1983 K1 750 twin
Ontario, Canada.