Cops and the Double Edge Sword

• Kawickrice
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
04 Jan 2009 10:26 #256109 by Kawickrice
Cops and the Double Edge Sword was created by Kawickrice
I just got back from a QUICK ride to to the Mac Shack for some FAST food.:cheer: I was on my way home sitting at the stop light and a county cop pulled up next to me.:ohmy: I look over and see him running my antique tag on his computer:unsure: no problems I am thinking, I have had the motorcycle endorsenent for 28 years at least, valid tag, proper eye protection.:) Uncapped header might be a problem though.:ohmy: Light turns green I procede to putt away, look in my mirror and the brightest red and blue lights that I have ever seen:unsure: Pull over get my license out and asked if I did something wrong. He asked what year the bike was, I answered 73. He says nice bike, and it sounds really good to. I said thanks and he gave my license back without running it or any thing. He said he was a motorcycle cop until he had a crash and can not shift anymore, so they put him in a patrol car and traffic is his forte.:P All is good and well I was thinking:) Then a city cop pulls up:( (I was pulled over on the county city line). I get on my bike and leave the county cop. The city cop pulled out and followed me and also ran my tag which he just watch the county cop do.:huh: He followed me all the way to my driveway to see where I live.:angry: He must be hearing me from a distance and could not figure it where it was coming from. :laugh::woohoo: :laugh: I live in the city limits so I was thinking that he followed me home for a reason, which I do not know right now. B) Any way I was kinda proud the one cop pulled me over to compliment my bike:blush: and a little confused why the other followed me home.:unsure: I guess it could be called a Double edge sword. Let the cat and mouse games begin:silly: :silly:

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2009 10:52 #256119 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Cops and the Double Edge Sword
Great story!B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
04 Jan 2009 10:56 #256122 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Cops and the Double Edge Sword
when i was 18 three of us had kz's in my hometown 46,000 pop.
as time went by i would get the look more and more from local cops and we started getting pulled over a lot and questioned about driving crazy or ditching a cop that the next guy actually was the culprit for....
i think about that now when i'm really throwing it down on some roads around here....you never know who see's you in their civilian car and says"next time i'm on duty and i ...hear that bike....or...the next time i see a green older kawi with a black helmt...etc....etc....less and less bikes like ours around....glad you did not incure $$$$$ any ticket....peace......another reason i want a trackday outlet.....and try and drive normal the rest of the time

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• Kawickrice
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
04 Jan 2009 11:03 #256124 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Cops and the Double Edge Sword
I was at the stoplight. How much normal could that be?B)

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
04 Jan 2009 11:21 #256130 by trianglelaguna
Kawickrice wrote:

I was at the stoplight. How much normal could that be?B)

yeah i was talking about me going fast i understand you were just getting a a check up...compliment and a drive by for no fault of your own...
my situation was the same once at a stop i got the coplights for doing nothing but sitting at a light .....
but the stuff they were trying to pin on me for a white z and red helmet my buddy did the day before on a black z with a white helmet...they were really really really fired up and swore that i was the guy that ditched em......at the time they were cussing and making threats but finally let me go...no proof...later it was funny ...but not while they had me....freaked me out preety good

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• Kawickrice
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
04 Jan 2009 12:44 #256145 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Cops and the Double Edge Sword
I was reading a cycle magazine a few years back and some guy would put blue painters tape on all his plastic, and helmet and go looking for cops to do wheelies in front of, then haul ass home to pull off the tape and ride back by with a "Different Paint Job" in a matter of minutes. Thats a moron in my opinion. But quite entertaining if its not me, Tickets get expensive. I don't go looking for trouble, but have sometimes found it.B) B)

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
04 Jan 2009 12:47 #256147 by kztee
Replied by kztee on topic Cops and the Double Edge Sword
The beauty of having a one-of-a-kind bike like most of ours are!!!

1977 KZ 1000A - Currently rebuilding
1980 KZ 750 LTD - Mostly stock daily rider
1979 KZ 1000 LTD - Parts bike and/or future project
1979 KZ 1000 ST
1980 GS 750 L
2003 ZRX 1200 R

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
04 Jan 2009 18:00 #256176 by trianglelaguna
the sad part for me after the cops started watching us was my height and back then the only sneakers were orange nikes or purple addidas in size 16" i think even with the dif sets of body work and helmets i had .....they still seemed to know it was me.......uncanny detective work by gosh....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
04 Jan 2009 19:27 #256207 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Cops and the Double Edge Sword
We had a guy here that used to tell us to paint everything white. Then use water color paint and have a hose handy at home. Everyone thought he was a bottomless cup. He also said to catch your first Perch and tie a string and a balloon on it and let it go. Then just follow it and you will always know where the school is and you can catch them all. He built a boat in his yard. The boat had so many holes it could hardly stay up on land. Told my brother his car would last forever cause it was painted with special enamel. Then a rumor started that he was carrying around a hatchet and he disappeared. There was a lot of colorful folk around long ago. Might have been something in the water...:dry: :huh: :blink:

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
04 Jan 2009 19:32 #256210 by trianglelaguna
Locozuna wrote:

We had a guy here that used to tell us to paint everything white. Then use water color paint and have a hose handy at home. Everyone thought he was a bottomless cup. He also said to catch your first Perch and tie a string and a balloon on it and let it go. Then just follow it and you will always know where the school is and you can catch them all. He built a boat in his yard. The boat had so many holes it could hardly stay up on land. Told my brother his car would last forever cause it was painted with special enamel. Then a rumor started that he was carrying around a hatchet and he disappeared. There was a lot of colorful folk around long ago. Might have been something in the water...:dry: :huh: :blink:

that is some funny shit locozuna....i gotta get my army friend from alabama to type one of his stories on here...they are right outta springerville(jerry)...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• oldkaws4ever
  • User
  • Have no regrets...... You only live once.
More
05 Jan 2009 14:35 #256298 by oldkaws4ever
Replied by oldkaws4ever on topic Cops and the Double Edge Sword
I was reading this post last night thinking, that sucks to get pulled over by the police. Anyway i decided to go out and see if my kz 650 would start, and of coarse it fired on the first try, thats were my problems arose. Although it was 25 degrees here i decided to suit up and take it for a spin. Everything was kosher until i got this bright idea to lay into it when the light turned green. And i forgot to mention my 650 has a wiesco 710 kit i think it is, z1 900 28 mm mikuni pumper carbs with k&n pods, and an uncapped vance and hines. Light turns green i dumped the clutch and it took off like a bat out of hell and the front wheel didnt come down till i clicked it into 2nd. Well i didnt notice the unmarked copper behind me, and all of a sudden i see blue and red lights and that chilling siren sound........i think crap im totally screwed, no way to get outa this. Cop comes up, and says quote " What the F**k was that stunt you just pulled", I said i got on my bike a little to hard and ittook off. He asked for my lisence and insurence. And by this time there was 3 other squads that showed up...........35 minutes later he comes back hand's me my lisence and insurence back. I figure cool no ticket's........WRONG AGAIN:angry: :laugh: :huh: :ohmy: :unsure: . He have me 2 of them one for lifting my front wheel off the ground, and the other for loud exhaust. But he did give me a break on the speeding. 200 dollars in fines all together, fun fun.....:angry: :angry: :angry: :laugh: :P :laugh: B)

74 Z1a 900 (Apart and making it better than ever)
77 Kz 650b (Threw a rod, going to sandwich in a 900 or 1000 motor)
76 Kz 400d
05 ninja zx-636
81 Kz 750 Ltd
Darien, Illinois

More
05 Jan 2009 15:05 #256300 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Cops and the Double Edge Sword
Gotta hand it to ya. At least you are taking it like a man and not whining about how unfair it is. Nice man'ing up sir! Bet you do some neck swiveling before you do it again eh? ;)

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"