Rig Stolen

More
12 Dec 2007 20:25 #184819 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic Rig Stolen
didn't this happen to him before ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2007 21:14 #184825 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Rig Stolen
I hope he's checking all his "friends". Things like this are normally someone you know and knows what you have. If not a "friend" it's a "friend of a friend" that's seen the bike. A buddy of mine years ago had like 20 KZ1000 engines in his garage stolen about 2 days after a couple "friends" saw them. My buddy told the police I know it's one of these two guys. All they cared about was how he came to own 20 KZ1000 engines, not why they were stolen or who did it.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
14 Dec 2007 18:02 #185116 by djfisher22
Replied by djfisher22 on topic Rig Stolen
Great news.Bill just posted that the police recovered his trailer with the bike inside intact.Trailer was trashed,but the bike is fine.He's already got it home.!!!
;)

More
14 Dec 2007 18:08 #185118 by KZErider
Replied by KZErider on topic Rig Stolen
That's great! Hope he had enough insurance to get a new trailer or, at least, fix the same one back up. Did they catch the people involved?

81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
More
14 Dec 2007 18:43 #185122 by Biquetoast
Replied by Biquetoast on topic Rig Stolen
KZErider wrote:

That's great! ... Did they catch the people involved?

Inquiring minds want to know!

(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

More
14 Dec 2007 19:02 #185128 by djfisher22
Replied by djfisher22 on topic Rig Stolen
His post from the Brit Triples board.............

"Well guys, we got the bike and trailer back about an hour ago. The way it went down was sooo cool. I called the detective and she says hello, we are working the case and are on a property with one perp in custody. The guy we are looking for is around here somewhere but there is a lot of woods and...wait, they are bringing him out of the house in cuffs (he was hiding under a bed). She asks me if we had any team shirts in the trailer, we did I say, He is wearing one, she says.....please hold a minute Mr. Baxter....then I hear those magic words.....

“You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law”

I knew they were close. She talks to the guy for a minute and I hear him say that he took the bike and trailer from a meth dealer to keep it safe and it turns out he stole it from the guy that stole it, he was a dragbike fan and wanted the bike. He asked the office if he thought it would be ok to ask me for an autograph !!!! The officer said no and take that shirt off. Made him stand in the 40 degree rain with just some jeans and tennis shoes. I still wanted to smash his face.

Lots more to the story but thought I would let you guys know that the bike is home and in one piece, barely a scratch on it, the trailer is trashed, close to totaled and there was nothing in it but the bike and some debris from ripping all the cabinets out but the bike is untouched."

More
14 Dec 2007 21:43 #185132 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic Rig Stolen
Good news for sure. Hope those losers get Ol Sparky.

More
15 Dec 2007 04:01 #185146 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Rig Stolen
thats good news, bummer they trahed the trailer, but you got the bike backB)

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob