Bike names.....

More
24 Nov 2007 09:56 #182465 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Bike names.....
My 650 everyday rider is named Joseph. My wife named it that because in the Bible Joseph was the man of many colors. When she first met me the motorcycle had a green tank, red sidecover on one side, orange on the other with a silver tail. All I care is original paint, even if poor condition and not matching. What do you expect for the $150 I payed for it. Next year I swapped on all red 77 bodywork, then orange 1978 bodywork, then went to the blue 78 bodywork. Bike has been colorful over the years. Part of the fun of having gobs of junk laying around to play with:P
I've got 36,000 miles use out of a $150 motorcycle. Not too shabby.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
25 Nov 2007 12:07 #182618 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic Bike names.....
Hmmm....I haven't yet got a name for my 650 but I could call it Freebie...or something similar since I got it for a song, considering how nice it is and how little it cost me to get it on the road.
My Bandit is called Number 17, because the VIN has a whole bunch of zeros and then......17 at the end.
My 550 is just The GT.....
My H2 doesn't really have a name. I always think of one of the guys on the Kawi Triples Board who said his wife calls his H2 rider (one of a few that he has) "that stinky, smokey, vibrating beast"....and he says that's his BEST one. So I guess I could call it Smokey.....
The boys at work, with a little continental flair, call it "Le Grande Orange" because of the coppery/orangey metalflake paint.....and I've kinda got used to that name so I guess it'll stick, now.
Next, I suppose I've gotta come up with a name for my CURRENT H2 project.....
Decisions, decisions....:laugh: :laugh:

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

More
25 Nov 2007 13:08 #182624 by 1982KZ1100D1
Replied by 1982KZ1100D1 on topic Bike names.....
In the last couple of days I've called it many things but nothing nice. If I keep it I think the permanent name will be PITA. If I don't get it running right soon it's name will become scrap.:angry:

More
26 Nov 2007 03:14 #182687 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic Bike names.....
bite your tounge!!

1982KZ1100D1 wrote:

In the last couple of days I've called it many things but nothing nice. If I keep it I think the permanent name will be PITA. If I don't get it running right soon it's name will become scrap.:angry:

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

More
30 Nov 2007 08:06 #183200 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Bike names.....
I refer to my KZ1100 as "Big Blue" (it's painted blue now) and my KLR650 as either "Thumper" or "Killer" depending on what mood I'm in.

More
01 Dec 2007 09:56 #183356 by lunchbox
Replied by lunchbox on topic Bike names.....
mines named "the baron von death trap" mostly because it doesn't have rear brakes, the front brakes aren't all that good, the forks are crap, and i ride like a total asshole whacked out on crystal meth!:woohoo:

keep in mind, i don't actually do meth;)

More
01 Dec 2007 10:23 #183360 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Bike names.....
RonKZ650 wrote:

My 650 everyday rider is named Joseph....

That's all well and good, but what we really want to know is what you named the turbo. :lol:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
01 Dec 2007 10:42 #183364 by Lorcan
Replied by Lorcan on topic Bike names.....
My bike was nicknamed "The Old Boner" by Sean at Big CC Racing who dynoed it first. He's more used to dynoing Busas and ZX12Rs so to him a 23 year old 2-valve air-cooled 750 was like something from the land that time forgot. Mostly it just get's called "The Boner" now :whistle:

760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com