Holy Cow!!!

More
30 Sep 2007 17:41 #173799 by steell
Holy Cow!!! was created by steell
So, I enabled "race mode" and set the TPS on GPzInfested's GPz750 Turbo this evening. It has a Kerker with no baffle and a K&N filter fastened to the turbo intake.

Since I had not ridden the bike yet, I figured I'd do the first test ride, so I fired it up and pulled out onto the highway, ran it up a little in first, hit second and hammered it (the bike was already warmed up), the front end came up, I hit third at 10k, and the car that was 3/4 mile in front of me is now less that 100 yards ahead and getting closer fast!!!

After a frantic grab at the brakes I decided a less well travelled road was in order, so I turned off on a County road then hammered it again. Hit 10k in fourth gear, then realized that I was rapidly (very rapidly) approaching a hill where the road goes up and over the railroad tracks (that I plan on jumping someday, but not at this speed), so it was hard on the brakes again. Have no idea how fast I was going, was to busy hanging on.

Point of this story is that I couldn't stay up with the bike, it was getting ahead of me, so I don't think I'll open up that bike again, until I have something like the Bonneville salt flats to do it on.

Hmm, maybe I really am getting old :(

General consensus is that a GPz750 Turbo set up like this one is puts out somewhere near 140 hp, and I believe it :woohoo:

KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2007 18:18 #173816 by reborn650
Replied by reborn650 on topic Holy Cow!!!
Cool Steell.

Now imagine that old girl with a heated up 810 that puts out another 100 plus ponies. That is why Lorcan is now in the Betty Ford Clinic for speed addiction (just joking here folks:)

Sounds like you had a great rush. What was spinning faster the impeller or your cardio level when you hit 4th gear on that vacuum cleaner hot rod?

Send us a pic of you pulling the front end up on a safe road.

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

More
30 Sep 2007 18:30 #173821 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Holy Cow!!!
Shame on you for cracking into Mother Kaw's secret race mode. Are you authorized to do that? :P :lol:

More
30 Sep 2007 18:43 #173823 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Holy Cow!!!
Maybe a pic of GPzInfested pulling the front end, but I doubt I'll do that again.

Hmm, maybe the drag strip next year, there is just no place on the roads around here to safely wring the bike out.

I think I'll stick to the normal 750 twins and fours, and keep my license :D

KD9JUR

More
30 Sep 2007 21:45 #173884 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Holy Cow!!!
You gettin soft on Us Steve?:huh: :whistle: :lol:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
01 Oct 2007 04:58 #173904 by steell
Sandy wrote:

You gettin soft on Us Steve?:huh: :whistle: :lol:

I dunno :)

Most of my riding throughout the years has been on twins or singles, I have had a 77 KZ1000, Suzuki GS850G, 82 KZ1000 CSR, and two KZ650's, and that's it for running fours. And none of them were a whole lot faster than the 750 twins, so I don't have any experience with reasonably "fast" bikes.

The previous owner of the Turbo raced it at the strip for a couple of years and ran consistent 11.13's, and he weighs around 250 lbs (15 more than me), and I imagine your bike (Sandy) would run at least as fast. He didn't have Race Mode enabled though, so it had ~20% less power then, maybe he could have got into the tens if he did.

I guess it's just my lack of experience with high hp bikes that was the reason for me failing to keep up with the bike.

Maybe if I break GPzInfested's arm or leg I'll be able to get more experience on it, because that's the only way I could keep him off of it :D :D

I haven't rode his GPz750 motored KZ650SR, but he says the Turbo is incredibly faster than it is.

KD9JUR

More
01 Oct 2007 05:47 #173909 by z1rick
Replied by z1rick on topic Holy Cow!!!
If the turbo gets to be too much for ya, I have room in my garage:P

Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
01 Oct 2007 05:55 #173911 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Holy Cow!!!
Sounds like a lot of fun. we'll needs some pics Steell.:woohoo:

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
More
01 Oct 2007 06:08 #173915 by CoreyClough
Replied by CoreyClough on topic Holy Cow!!!
Don' tlet these guys talk you into anything. You own a great piece of Kawasaki Performance History in that GPz750. Ride it like you want to, and when you ever sell it, it will be a sad day. I'd love to own one someday.

Hey, where's the pictures?:(

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

More
01 Oct 2007 07:54 #173931 by 810gpz750
Replied by 810gpz750 on topic Holy Cow!!!
wow this post has inspired me. my motor is the turbo motor zx750e2. the tard who had it before me had the pistons replaced with non turbo pistons! needlees to say i thought i had a worn out turbo, worked out a deal with my mechanic to n/a the bike because i could not afford to repair(neither of us knew it had 10.25-1 pistons in it)the turbo. its also the reason i got the bike for a grand;) .after reading this i have got to have a turbo! looks like ill be spending some time at lorcans site.:evil: :woohoo: :evil: :woohoo:

More
01 Oct 2007 08:31 #173936 by steell
The bikes not mine, it's GPzInfested's :D
I just get to ride it when he's not riding it, or when I can convince him to let me.

His Dad (my brother) won't even get on the bike, says the 82 KZ1000 CSR that I gave him is more than enough bike for him.

The bike is here at our shop, GPzInfested and I share the shop (he's also my boss at work, and I love it, I can do anything I want and he gets yelled at for it :D )

I'd yank those 10.25:1 pistons out (and send them to me :) ) and put the Wiseco Turbo 810 kit in there, then get one of the turbos recommended on 750turbo.com, apparently 175 hp is fairly easy to obtain.

I posted pics in a different thread a couple weeks ago when he bought the bike, but here's one again.

GPzInfested on his Turbo.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/10/01 11:34

KD9JUR
Attachments:

More
01 Oct 2007 08:32 #173937 by steell
The bike without GPzInfested :)

KD9JUR
Attachments: