Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Would you patch a bike tire? 26 Aug 2007 18:21 #166477

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
  • Thank you received: 1
As posted by others, YOU can do whatever you like in this regard because it'll be your butt sliding down the road if anything goes wrong.
The staple (or nail or whatever) actually will sever some of the cords in the casing when the puncture occurs. Depending on how long the staple stays in the tire before it's discovered, many more cords can be cut, as well. The tire is now weakened at that/those point(s). I won't go any further cuz I think you've caught my drift.
Two things I won't compromise on when it comes to bikes:
Riding gear/helmet......and tires. I spend as much as I can possibly afford on both groups of stuff.....and maintain both of them religiously. Check your tire pressures weekly, at a minimum, and daily if you're inclined. Bin your helmet every 5 years without fail.
Sorry for the rant but tires (and riding gear) are hot button items with me.
KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would you patch a bike tire? 26 Aug 2007 19:55 #166517

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 114
I agree with H2RICK. I wouldn't bother patching a tire because of concern with damage that may worsen and you wouldn't know until it came back and bit you...again. Bad luck, but I would just chuck it up to experience and get another tire. Putting a tube in there would get you by for a while I suppose, but it would always be at the back of my mind and I would just not feel comfortable with knowing it was on there.
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: