Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kerker is back from coater!!! 10 Aug 2007 19:18 #163133

• inline4
  • inline4's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I'll try to answer as many questions as I can in this post.
As far as I've been able to determine, the exhaust is an original "Kerker For Kawasaki" unit from the late 70s.
The system was rusted and dull; the only major blemish is a small dent just below the mounting tab on the megaphone. As with ANY coating/painting job, all the slight blemishes and scratches will still be visible when the process is finished.
HOWEVER,,,,,,,,,,,,, the final finish is rock solid. Although I don't forsee riding this bike in the rain, if I did get caught in the rain, I have no doubtthe exhaust would lean up easily with just a wet rag.
I sent the system to Bruce @ www.bcdcoatings.com/ and he/the company media blasted it, then coated it inside and out. When I opened the return package I was amazed! It looks just as good as it does in the pics I posted.
The reason(s) I chose BCD Coatings is they are located here in TN; close to Knoxville.
Actually, proximity isn't the main reason I chose them. Bruce and I corresponded through email at first then via the phone.
Back in the day, he owned one of the first H2s in the country. He also remembered just what impact the Z1 had on the motorcycling world. After a few conversations I knew he was the one I wanted to treat my exhaust.
It took him 10 years to perfect the gloss black coating I have on my system. At first I was reluctant to go with gloss, but after seeing some pics of the finish I knew that is what I wanted.
It cost me $300 plus shipping to and from Pulaski, TN. I'm sure I could have found a company to do it cheaper, but after talking to Bruce I knew I'd found the man to do it RIGHT!
If anyone has problems getting through to BCD Coatings, just let me know. I'll do what I can to get Bruce to talk to you personally.
The SOB DOES look good, doesn't it?:woohoo: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: