Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A Total OUTRAGE!! What would u do?? 28 Jul 2007 17:36 #160362

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Total OUTRAGE!! What would u do?? 28 Jul 2007 19:28 #160393

• arai59
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1
Wow, how unfortunate. It's hard to trust places to do simple tasks sometimes. But most people get skinned in the end. Just deal with the owner and have your receipts. You should be able to make some progress. Personally I never knew anything worthwhile in NJ......:laugh: and I didn't realize there was another Kaw site.:laugh:

A Total OUTRAGE!! What would u do?? 28 Jul 2007 20:24 #160410

• abilane78
  • User
  • Brought to you today by the letters K and Z.
  • Thank you received: 0
I really hope everything works out for you in the end. It's so hard to turn your baby, your machine that you hold dearly, into someone else's hands. I don't want to sound stupid and compare it to sending the kids to a sitter, ok yeah, I guess I will. You are hoping they will get the same level of care that you personally would give, but there is that nagging feeling that something somewhere along the line is being let go for a more easier method. It's so hard to not run to the phone or rush straight to your "baby" just to check to be sure that everything is being handled properly. We aren't KZ owners, we are KZ parents...

Keep us informed!!

Abbie
KZ is Japanese for COOL!!!

Morrow, Ohio

Mom
Wife
Teacher

A Total OUTRAGE!! What would u do?? 28 Jul 2007 23:03 #160451

• themachine
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
PLUMMEN wrote:

oh lawl, i expected that from you. :P

anything non machining i take to a local mechanic that does his work out if his garage, i took my rear wheel there friday and watchd his cousin remove my rear tire, and install my new one, he gave me a new tube for free and only charged me 20$ for installation, he saved me 20$ on the tire too!

all of my machine work i take to a local machine shop that has a good rep, theres 3 people that work there, one who does heads, one who does mostly small engines and the occasional sbc, and then the vetran who does all the big engines.
82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

A Total OUTRAGE!! What would u do?? 29 Jul 2007 12:49 #160550

• brich
  • brich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
So the guy actually just called me! He told me same old thing .. "I don't see how that possibly .. blah blah". So i gave him the old silent treatment until he spoke again.

Finally he said he gaurentees all his work and if i bring them back he will rebuild them for me. I told him i appreciate the offer, but i would prefer cash as A: I don't need him to do it anymore, B: I don't trust them and C: It is too far out of the way since i moved.

He wouldn't do the money back, just the rebuild. I told him I appreciate the offer to back up his work but I don't need his work any longer as I am just going to fix them up myself and sell them on eBay probably. He said "Well we can fix them up for you to sell". I just told him that since he offered to fix the problem I wasn't goint to bad mouth them to all the bike sites, but if he wouldn't do a refund I would just make sure neither me nor anyone I know will so business with them again. He was sticking with his "no money, but will fix". So I guess I am done with them. Not sure if i have the energy to continue to argue with them. Maybe tomorrow if i get bored. :P :lol:
1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

A Total OUTRAGE!! What would u do?? 29 Jul 2007 15:03 #160564

• jjdwoodman
  • User
  • Live free, or die.
Maybe he would rebuild them and sell them on ebay for you to generate the revenue for your cash refund? My bet though is since he knows you don't live close to harass his customers, he'll blow you off. Especially since to him I'm sure your position sounds like that of alot of the something for nothings.:unsure:
77 650b
81 550 Mostly there
83 ZN1300 Voyager

A Total OUTRAGE!! What would u do?? 29 Jul 2007 17:12 #160590

• arai59
  • User is blocked
I would have let him rebuild them.............that way you have a new record of their service. Guess that finals your complaint now. To each his own. Buena suerte.

A Total OUTRAGE!! What would u do?? 30 Jul 2007 04:55 #160668

• BSKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
I think his offer to rebuild them was fair, and if I was in his shoes I would not do the money back either, but then I am looking at it from both sides, he is offering to make the repair right even though it has been a year, so I would let him fix them
77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

A Total OUTRAGE!! What would u do?? 30 Jul 2007 14:47 #160772

• brich
  • brich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Like i said, i appreciated his offer, but i already did them the other day. Im more impatient then anything else and it was just quicker and easier for me to do them. Plus, I enjoy hanging in the garage working (wife is pregnant and crazy ... kidding .. kind of!!:P) and I get to relearn how to do things. I was mad at first, but i tend to get over things fairly quickly. Sure maybe i still got burned in the long run but at least he offered to make good. That is enough to get me over it.
1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

A Total OUTRAGE!! What would u do?? 30 Jul 2007 15:10 #160775

• jjdwoodman
  • User
  • Live free, or die.
Bravo!;)

So he gives you an honest effort to make good, and though you're not able to accept you get to give him credit where due. :lol:

And tomorrow on "As the World Turns"...:woohoo:

Joking aside good for you! I think you did good and got that lesson pretty cheap
77 650b
81 550 Mostly there
83 ZN1300 Voyager

• Page: