Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Do I need to get a new helmet? 22 May 2007 20:53 #142631

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
pumps wrote:

You know, just keep it as a second or spare.

This talk about helmets has me wondering. I don't leave my helmet on the bike when I leave it, say when I go into Home Depot. I carry it in with me. I know my SR has helmet hooks that I could "lock" my helmet onto the bike and I suppose if someone wanted to steal it they would have to cut the strap off-rendering it pretty much worthless.I paid almost $250 for my helmet and I don't want to chance it. What does everyone else do? Leave it hooked on the bike, take it in? Anyone ever get theirs stolen?

Back in '96/'97 I locked my helmet onto the GPz I owned when I stopped for dinner at a local restaurant I frequented.
As a waitress was being dropped off for work by her boyfriend, he noticed my locked but unattended helmet - bastich cut the strap on it and took off with it! :angry:
Thankfully a customer saw what happened and came in and told the manager, who then told the waitress to call her BF and bring it back or the po-po would be called.
Get this, this clown hands me my helmet back (with a cut strap and missing the "D" ring), appologizes (not sincerely of course), then offers me $20 for my troubles! :ohmy: :huh:
The manager and myself made him cough up the $250 I paid for it, handed him the now ruined helmet, and told him to be thankful his GF didn't get fired and he didn't get arrested for being a dumba$$!

Some people! :angry:

Ok, Im done now. :lol:

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/05/22 23:57
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do I need to get a new helmet? 22 May 2007 23:59 #142662

• Bud1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Awesome Manager at the restaurant! I doubt there's to many who would have done what he did!

Do I need to get a new helmet? 23 May 2007 10:01 #142761

• hwms
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
If a small drop will ruin a helmut consider that a sales person may have dropped the one you are buying when being put on the display shelf.

Do I need to get a new helmet? 23 May 2007 10:17 #142767

• KawasakiBob
  • User
hwms wrote:

If a small drop will ruin a helmut consider that a sales person may have dropped the one you are buying when being put on the display shelf.

If any of my guys ever drop a helmet while cleaning displays, etc, they bring it to me, I write it off, and toss it in the dumpster.

Its against the law for us to sell one thats been dropped and/or used.

Do I need to get a new helmet? 23 May 2007 11:15 #142793

• Talman
  • Talman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Vter Bob wrote:

Talman, what size do you wear? I might now of a pretty good deal.

Good question. Can't recall if it was large or extra large. I do know that the sales person at the bike shop where I bought t worked with me pretty well to ensure it fit correctly, though.
1976 KZ 400 (Free, free, free...needs major work)
2004 Intruder Volusia
ex- 1976 KZ 400 Hot rod (Owned by return2ridin before me and Wolfencopter after me. Does anyone have it now
?)
ex- 1978 KZ 200
Bergen County, NJ

Aint no time to hate....barely time to wait