Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Breakfast Club 03 Apr 2007 07:03 #126081

• ltdrider
  • ltdrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
This is George.
He lives in Lake Los Angeles, CA (10 miles East of Palmdale).
George has the KZ1000 he's sitting on, and he also owns two '76 KZ900 Standards.
I think he's a member of KZr, but he's never posted. George will ride down with us from the High Desert, he said he'll probably ride a 900. Nice to have such happy choices.

Edit: It's doubtful that any harm was intended by posting the pic. Just be sure the person has given their permission before posting the pic online.

Post edited by: N0NB, at: 2007/04/04 17:52
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Breakfast Club 03 Apr 2007 07:32 #126100

• Grantl
  • User
  • KZRider is Da Bomb!!!
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Tim,
thanks for introducing George to the group. I'm sure we're all going to have a great time at the breakfast, and I'm looking forward to finally meeting you all.
Grant.
P.S. This weekend I had just completed changing my clutch cable when my son came home from work. As always, he laughed at me for having torn down the bike yet again. He asked me how it was running and I told him it was running fine. To show him, I tried starting the beast only to find it ran like crap. Cylinder # 4 wasn't firing, and it wouldn't run on anything less than choke. I was pissed off as hell. Pulled the # 4 plug-- and found good spark. Crap !! Do I pull the carbs again? He says, does it have gas in it? I said yes. I wiggled the beast and could barely hear gas. He said--maybe it would run better if it had some gas in it. 2 gallons later, I showed that cheeky bugger just how good the beast ran.
;) :P
1981 KZ1000 CSR
1983 KZ750 Project Bike
1990 550 Zephyr
1994 KZ1000 P

The Breakfast Club 03 Apr 2007 15:59 #126239

• ltdrider
  • User
I just called the IHOP on Sunset. The Manager, Oscar said that they'd have no problem seating 14 people on Saturday at 10:00. He said that Sundays are busy (especially next Sunday - Easter), but Saturdays are light.
He did recommend that we call the restaurant about an hour before we plan to be there, so they could set up a table, so I'll call them before we leave from Sand Canyon.
I'm out of town on Wed-Fri (Wichita), but I'll check the board on Friday nite.
Hope to see you there!

Tim
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
Greensboro, NC

The Breakfast Club 04 Apr 2007 12:16 #126436

• KZChoices
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
We all have choices. You made the Chioce for me to post my picture and information with out my knowledge or permission, it is nice to have choices. I choose to resign from the Breakfast Club by my CHOICE! Have A Nice Ride.

The Breakfast Club 04 Apr 2007 12:40 #126440

• wagonmaster69
  • User
  • 78 KZ1000A2 / 82 KZ1100 Spectre
See you all their I will be on all four's insted of two's:whistle: :pinch: and be safe on the way their:) ;)
78 KZ1000 work in progress in Hacienda Heights California and a 82 KZ1100 Spectra And a 1992 ZX11.

The Breakfast Club 04 Apr 2007 13:13 #126443

• JUSTICE114
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
KZChoices wrote:

We all have choices. You made the Chioce for me to post my picture and information with out my knowledge or permission, it is nice to have choices. I choose to resign from the Breakfast Club by my CHOICE! Have A Nice Ride.

:huh: What the?? :huh: Who's feathers got plucked? :dry: Its not like this is a Megans Law forum or Americas Most Wanted......:S Im sure there was no harm ment by the pic post and be sure there is no harm intended w/my response.

Post edited by: JUSTICE114, at: 2007/04/04 18:29

04 Apr 2007 13:34 #126448

• KZ250LTD
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

Last edit: by KZ250LTD.

The Breakfast Club 04 Apr 2007 14:57 #126469

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
KZChoices wrote:

I modified the post above to remove the picture.

A friendly note to everyone. Get permission before posting a person's pic online, especially if it is a clear shot of their face. I would bet that no harm was intended in this thread and the resulting resignation above is truly unfortunate due, most likely, to an honest mistake.
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

The Breakfast Club 04 Apr 2007 21:09 #126581

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
George/KZChoices,

My wife (Rose) and I have known Tim/ltdrider for several years now, and IMHO he's a pretty cool and thoughtful person.
And although he goofed up and didn't ask your permission to post your pic and info, I'm 100% sure he meant no harm by it.

Perhaps after you've thought on it some more, should you still want to join us for breakfast we'd be more than happy to have you there with us! :)
Heck, I'll even buy breakfast for you if that helps make the decision easier. It don't get any easier than that! :whistle:

If you still choose not to go, I totally understand and respect your decision. :)
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

The Breakfast Club 04 Apr 2007 21:32 #126590

• Grantl
  • User
  • KZRider is Da Bomb!!!
George,
I would also like to ask that you reconsider. I was looking forward to admiring your bike and riding down to the breakfast with you and Tim. After all-- isn't this the prmary reason we all hang out here on KZR? To meet other like-minded people? In my humble opinion life is too short to sweat the smaller stuff.
I hope you reconsider and come have a fun ride with us on Saturday... Looking forward to meeting you.
1981 KZ1000 CSR
1983 KZ750 Project Bike
1990 550 Zephyr
1994 KZ1000 P

The Breakfast Club 04 Apr 2007 22:59 #126605

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
Don't worry George, no one here will turn you in for the reward. :evil: Hell I'm wanted in three states. B)
Jim oh I mean Mark
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

The Breakfast Club 06 Apr 2007 05:59 #126976

• ltdrider
  • User
My sincerest appologies to Kzchoices. It honestly never occurred to me that the posting might upset you. I made a big mistake by not getting your permission first.
I guess I was just excited to find another KZrider, and wanted to share my excitment.
I don't know how to make up for this. I'll ride with you anytime, if you'll have me.
Sorry,
Tim
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
Greensboro, NC