• Page:

TOPIC:

Need to Re-home (2) KZ1000's 04 May 2022 10:38 #866615

• GL1958
  • GL1958's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello All,
I used to be an active member maybe 15 years ago.  My user name back then was Grantl.  I do not want to violate any of the site rules or guidelines, so please advise as to the best way to get both these bikes to appreciative fellow riders.  These bikes are not offered for sale, but they do need safe new homes. Long story short, I have become somewhat unsteady through age (and other issues) and can no longer safely operate any 2 wheeler vehicle.  Once I get clearance to post descriptions, location, etc.  I will post some recent pics with a list of extra parts. Its been too long since I last logged on, I love all of the gallery pics of your bikes.  Best wishes  Grant. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGPzGuy, Zaddict

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need to Re-home (2) KZ1000's 04 May 2022 13:12 #866621

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1951

Hello All,
I used to be an active member maybe 15 years ago.  My user name back then was Grantl.  I do not want to violate any of the site rules or guidelines, so please advise as to the best way to get both these bikes to appreciative fellow riders.  These bikes are not offered for sale, but they do need safe new homes. Long story short, I have become somewhat unsteady through age (and other issues) and can no longer safely operate any 2 wheeler vehicle.  Once I get clearance to post descriptions, location, etc.  I will post some recent pics with a list of extra parts. Its been too long since I last logged on, I love all of the gallery pics of your bikes.  Best wishes  Grant. 

Post away  Grant 

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Need to Re-home (2) KZ1000's 04 May 2022 17:26 #866629

• GL1958
  • GL1958's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello friends.
I have a 1981 KZ1000M and a 1993 KZ1000P13. The KZ1000M was salvaged due to a bent frame (which I replaced with a straight frame). The rebuild was never completed although I do have virtually all of the major parts, components, plus a couple of extra parts here and there. The KZ1000P was bought by me the way it looks like now. I did have to fabricate a rear fender brace as the original owner had removed part of the original rear frame support. This bike should run with a carb and fuel system clean and a new battery. The KZ1000M was hit by a vehicle and due to the frame neck being bent, was totalled by the insurance. I subsequently bought it back and found a straight frame online I do have all of the parts to make this bike look as a KZ1000M should. Unfortunately, I started having balance issues and then stopped riding. I am prepared to give away both bikes if you might be able to give them the TLC that they deserve. I am located in Southern California and would need the new owner to provide pick up. If you are located locally and are interested, please send me a message and I will provide my phone number. Happy riding guys! Grant.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

Need to Re-home (2) KZ1000's 04 May 2022 17:59 #866631

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1843
Welcome Back. You might not be able to ride but I’m sure you can still offer wisdom. Please stick around
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slmjim+Z1BEBE, Nessism, GL1958

Need to Re-home (2) KZ1000's 04 May 2022 18:47 #866633

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1951
A very generous thing to do Grant 
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: GL1958, Wookie58

Need to Re-home (2) KZ1000's 05 May 2022 01:28 #866644

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1718
Grant what an incredibly selfless act, you are a true enthusiast. I am sure that if there is anything the membership can do for you (not that I am in a position to speak on behalf of the membership), you need only to ask 
The following user(s) said Thank You: GL1958

• Page: