Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Title replacement for a barn find. 03 Jan 2019 06:14 #796101

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
  • Thank you received: 595

650Dude wrote: SlimJim

Lets say I do know a way, which I do, but dont want it plastered all over the net. The wise thing to do is for someone to INBOX me. No need for wisecracks and derisive comments. Im a happy person so snide comments dont generally spew forth from me.
However I realize that some ppl have a lot of time on their hands and look for battles or skirmishes to vent lingering subconscious frustrations. Im am not definitively stating I believe you fit into this category. But....

I mean, people can be stupid and buy into the internet culture of revealing every damn thing on line about yourself,, what you know etc but I dont, and particularly on this issue.

I have put out there that I know a way and have helped a few friends get titles. . A 1972 Honda that I bought didnt have a title. It sat in a garage. I then bought another bike WITH a title from someone in that state I mentioned and they said "hey did you know you can get that bike in your garage titled if you do such and such?!"

BINGO. Thats how I found out. If anyone wants to talk about it, they can private message me, as ppl often do when someone has something for sale or something they plan on giving away and they want to further discuss..

AND the person in this post who NEEDS the info has ALREADY gotten a private message from me, so Ive done my part.

tah tah

Another forum member was kind enough to PM us about the purported mystery method.

If I understand correctly, it's done through NH, with the bike "sold" to a NH resident with an original Bill of Sale being generated, then "sold" back to the prospective owner with yet another new BoS. As described to me, the problem for the vast majority of people would be that the bike has to physically be located in NH for a NH LEO to perform VIN inspection prior to title issuance.

If accurate, that's a serious limitation.

If that's not correct please enlighten us. No big secret. It would be good info for all enthusiasts.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE
A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1972 Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by slmjim+Z1BEBE. Reason: Typo

Title replacement for a barn find. 03 Jan 2019 07:54 #796103

• ned37
  • User
  • Thank you received: 11
years ago, i did the nh bill of sale thing and , living in wv at the time, was quite satisfied. the notarized bill of sale they sent me was accepted by the state who in turn, issued me a title.
'83 GPZ1100, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200, '08 Husky TE610
Verde Valley, AZ

Title replacement for a barn find. 05 Jan 2019 06:53 #796186

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
  • Thank you received: 595

ned37 wrote: years ago, i did the nh bill of sale thing and , living in wv at the time, was quite satisfied. the notarized bill of sale they sent me was accepted by the state who in turn, issued me a title.

Did you have to get a VIN inspection in VT from a VT LEO? That is, was the bike physically in VT for VIN inspection?

If not, how was VIN confirmation accomplished to VT's and WV's satisfaction? In our experience that's been one of the major obstacles in any missing title situation.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE
A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1972 Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

Title replacement for a barn find. 19 Mar 2019 12:21 #800647

• Malcolm
  • Malcolm's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Update:
My title arrived.
I'm in North Carolina so the following info should be considered local, but maybe similar elsewhere.
Step 1) Appear with the machine at the bureau of licence and theft. Only open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8 til 10. An officer will open a file with photos of the VIN and the bike. This is where they determine if it was ever stolen.
2) Appear at the licence bureau for more documents for completion.
3) Submit these completed documents at an insurance agency that can provide an instrument called a surety bond. There's a fee. I needed to have my wife sign too since we are married(?). Fine. The documents and policy get notarized.
4) Back to the licence bureau to submit all these items. They will provide a file number recording this submission. This is where they provide a plate for a fee. So I'm on the road.
5)Wait several months. Receive threatening letters about how you really should not be on the road and should apply for a title. Wait forever on the phone trying to clear up the confusion.
6) Receive forms that you have already submitted. Provide information not requested on the forms. Keep patient.
7) Never quit.