Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kiwi Z1R 25 May 2016 20:49 #728589

• eddiem
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #63
  • Thank you received: 34
I had a front fender but I'm thinkin I got rid of it. I will look in the morning.
1976 Kz900
1978 Kz1000
1978 Z1r
1982 Kz1100 A2
1975 Z1b-900
1975 Z1b-900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kiwi Z1R 26 May 2016 09:43 #728664

• Irish-Kawi
  • User
  • Thank you received: 37
Man that is looking GREAT, love seeing the brand new shiny pieces start to go back together... its like Xmas morning crossed with your first.. ummm lets say "girlfriend" :whistle: LOL all in one! Keep it coming and love reading your posts Larriken! :evil: :evil:

Brett
All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider

Kiwi Z1R 26 May 2016 11:47 #728682

• rimbim
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
so nice to be starting to assemble , make sure the misses does not see her blanket on your bench . :evil:

Kiwi Z1R 26 May 2016 14:44 #728705

• larriken
  • larriken's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 61
The ever elusive left hand switch block is being floated my way from Canada as we speak! Thanks Rimbim I'll send the canoe back once it arrives. :lol:

Attachments:

Last edit: by larriken.

Kiwi Z1R 26 May 2016 14:50 #728708

• larriken
  • User

eddiem wrote: I had a front fender but I'm thinkin I got rid of it. I will look in the morning.

Looks like I may have solved this one hopefully, fingers crossed anyway.

Kiwi Z1R 26 May 2016 19:00 #728756

• rimbim
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i have a front fender

Kiwi Z1R 28 May 2016 04:13 #728911

• Rustyhama
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
G'day Ken, I just read this thread and like the others I'm stoked to see you're at it again with another highly ambitious project! Did you keep the KZP?
I've been off KZrider for about 3 months cos I got busted speeding on my z750E. I sold it cos I decided maybe me and the big stuff don't mix too we'll. A couple of after work beers broke my off switch and I got caught doing 111 in a 60 zone. 6 months on the push bike for me! Right through a Dunedin winter too! The upside is it's doing wonders for my fitness! So anyway I was trying to cut back on the Kawi obsession but it didn't stick so here I am back on kzr. Man I missed you guys! One day when I take the family on a North Island road trip I might have to swing by your shed and Croz's too! I'm sure the wife will be stoked!
Hama

'82 KZ305-B1 Cafe Racer
'80 Z750E project
www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=59260.0

Kiwi Z1R 28 May 2016 13:15 #728996

• larriken
  • User

Rustyhama wrote: G'day Ken, I just read this thread and like the others I'm stoked to see you're at it again with another highly ambitious project! Did you keep the KZP?
I've been off KZrider for about 3 months cos I got busted speeding on my z750E. I sold it cos I decided maybe me and the big stuff don't mix too we'll. A couple of after work beers broke my off switch and I got caught doing 111 in a 60 zone. 6 months on the push bike for me! Right through a Dunedin winter too! The upside is it's doing wonders for my fitness! So anyway I was trying to cut back on the Kawi obsession but it didn't stick so here I am back on kzr. Man I missed you guys! One day when I take the family on a North Island road trip I might have to swing by your shed and Croz's too! I'm sure the wife will be stoked!

Hey mate good to see you back on here. Shitouse about the license, did you keep the Zed?

Kiwi Z1R 29 May 2016 01:19 #729052

• larriken
  • User
Bloody amazing what you find under all the dirt, grease, and general crap. Rim actually looks pretty good and in good Kiwi build thread tradition it's off to the powder coaters for a lovely coat of gloss black! :evil:
Attachments:

Kiwi Z1R 29 May 2016 01:40 #729053

• Rustyhama
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
The 750 sold for 3k and went to Auckland. Doesn't seem right does it? 1500 bucks for a non runner then I struggled to sell it for 3 grand.
Hama

'82 KZ305-B1 Cafe Racer
'80 Z750E project
www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=59260.0

Kiwi Z1R 04 Jun 2016 00:04 #729961

• larriken
  • User
Because I like to go arse about face and start at the wrong end of a bike build I always like to have the paintwork done early in the build. I find it motivates me to get the rest of the bike sorted if I can sit the tank and other parts on a frame and get excited about what it will look like finished. I have never yet built a bike without finishing the paintwork pretty early in the project. Odd I know but it works for me!

I have a mate that is very very good at painting and we used the Havasu Blue mentioned earlier. Tony (my mate (mate in antipodean speak being friend not someone you want to have children with)) did all the body work and paint and it looks wicked! All the pinstripes were painted on. We used 3mm tape to mark out our stripes and the original is a little thinner (2.5ish) but hey I like the fatter stripes.

The body work painted out in the base blue........

and then the masking out process. My claim to fame was matching the blue stripe colour. All we had to go from was photos from the net and books so came out pretty smart.

Kiwi Z1R 04 Jun 2016 00:08 #729962

• larriken
  • User
Ugly mugshots were Tony not me lol! Some more of the paint with stripes appearing now.

Attachments: