skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Kiwi Z1R 15 Aug 2016 07:34 #738733

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2067

Rustyhama wrote: Hey Larriken, I've been meaning to ask. What oil do you use for engine break in after a rebuild?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

His question is about break in oil. I have yet to see someone recommend full synthetic for break in.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Re:Kiwi Z1R 18 Aug 2016 23:03 #739205

• larriken
  • larriken's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 61

531blackbanshee wrote: oh btw shit hot victory :evil: !

i would love to have go on that thing!

leon

Thanks mate, action shot of Tony the painter (left) and me (right) in action! :S

Attachments:

Last edit: by larriken.

Kiwi Z1R 18 Aug 2016 23:10 #739206

• larriken
  • User
Started sorting out the disc rotors. Attacked the rear one first. Taped, sanded, and painted, then back on the rim. Job's done!

Remember those rusty rotors I scored for the front............................

Here they are now after a bit of scrub and a bit of love. Just need to get the inners sanded tomorrow and get them painted.

Attachments:

Kiwi Z1R 18 Aug 2016 23:16 #739208

• larriken
  • User
While I was on a role I thought I should get off my arse and fit the swingarm that has been sitting there looking at me for ages. Bam! It's in! Should have done that a while back but just been a bit busy with work and other peoples bikes lol. Have changed my mind about ten times on rear shocks and currently don't have a set. I would still like to go with a piggy back style shock and still pondering the best way to lay down the shocks a bit more but I will keep working on this one.

Attachments:

Kiwi Z1R 19 Aug 2016 05:54 #739218

• 531blackbanshee
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 797
nice job on the rotors!
they actually grew hair eh? :whistle: :woohoo: good save,or shave as it we're :P

arm looks good in there.

are you wanting to lay the upper shock mounts forward like the sanctuary guys etc.do?

leon
1976 kz 900 x 3

Kiwi Z1R 20 Aug 2016 20:31 #739354

• larriken
  • User

531blackbanshee wrote: nice job on the rotors!
they actually grew hair eh? :whistle: :woohoo: good save,or shave as it we're :P

arm looks good in there.

are you wanting to lay the upper shock mounts forward like the sanctuary guys etc.do?

leon

Still think I will do it by going backwards with a bracket off the rear of the swingarm. Not 100% yet but will get a bit more serious once I have the bike up on wheels.

Kiwi Z1R 20 Aug 2016 20:34 #739355

• larriken
  • User
Anyone remember that horrible looking looking MKII of mine that I swapped with Graeme Crosby? It's coming back to life.............
www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/moto...ction-1146560584.htm

Attachments:

Kiwi Z1R 22 Aug 2016 05:13 #739460

• 531blackbanshee
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 797
they make a bracket that fits the lower shock mount and moves the bottom of the shock back as you say.
used to see em on quite a few bikes.
it stiffens the shocks up tho.
cool for cruising town,not so much for corner jammin.
oh btw,
dont jump any railroad tracks with layed back brakcets on lest they flip up and sh!t gets wonky on the landing...
js :whistle:

leon
1976 kz 900 x 3

Kiwi Z1R 25 Aug 2016 19:44 #739958

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394
Hi Larriken, I'm new here, just joined today, great thread, nice bike and great work, I understand the first post as well mate, My wife is a Kiwi... ;) .
Anyway, I have a fully rebuilt set of VM29 smoothbores that would bolt straight onto your Z1R and give it a bit more get up and go, not sure if you'd be interested or not but they are just a tad better than those old 28's. If interested, I can check out shipping costs...?
BTW, I didn't just come here to sell parts, I bought a GPZ750R1 last week and this place has some great info on it... ;)

Cheers

Kiwi Z1R 26 Aug 2016 01:23 #739992

• larriken
  • User

750 R1 wrote: Hi Larriken, I'm new here, just joined today, great thread, nice bike and great work, I understand the first post as well mate, My wife is a Kiwi... ;) .
Anyway, I have a fully rebuilt set of VM29 smoothbores that would bolt straight onto your Z1R and give it a bit more get up and go, not sure if you'd be interested or not but they are just a tad better than those old 28's. If interested, I can check out shipping costs...?
BTW, I didn't just come here to sell parts, I bought a GPZ750R1 last week and this place has some great info on it... ;)

Cheers

Awesome, Kiwi connection is always a good thing! My next project is a GPZ750R1, it will remain buried until I get the Z1R finished......so coud be a wee while! How much are you after for your 29's? Would love a set, would just have to do some serious sweet talking at home though. You did remind me though that I had actually finished the 28's and never posted a pic.
Attachments:

Kiwi Z1R 26 Aug 2016 01:49 #739993

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

larriken wrote:

750 R1 wrote: Hi Larriken, I'm new here, just joined today, great thread, nice bike and great work, I understand the first post as well mate, My wife is a Kiwi... ;) .

Cheers

Awesome, Kiwi connection is always a good thing! My next project is a GPZ750R1, it will remain buried until I get the Z1R finished......so coud be a wee while! How much are you after for your 29's? Would love a set, would just have to do some serious sweet talking at home though. You did remind me though that I had actually finished the 28's and never posted a pic.

Let me get a shipping quote first, I have a price in mind but if the shipping is extreme i may have to rethink it... ;)