Kz440 ltd cafe project

More
03 Oct 2014 13:43 - 03 Oct 2014 20:05 #649559 by Balazs
Replied by Balazs on topic Kz440 ltd cafe project

Jbosh wrote: Balazs,

Have you felt the need to install rear sets on your bike? How is the feel for you where everything is considering a bit lower of a seat with the cafe seat, plus lowered handlebars? I"m weighing this on out in my mind right now concerning my project. Thanks for your thoughts ahead of time.

Cheers!

If done over I would definitely put rear sets on it. I'm 6'2" and while the bike feels great around town, on longer rides I get a bit cramped up. I've tried riding with "phantom rear sets" and it does feel a lot better :)
That said, the current position lets me grip the tank properly for handling, and you can slide forward in the seat to get more upright. Mounting the clipons above the triple clamp puts the bars at a similar height to where drag bars in the stock clamp would be.
Last edit: 03 Oct 2014 20:05 by Balazs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2014 15:06 - 03 Oct 2014 17:42 #649576 by Balazs
Replied by Balazs on topic Kz440 ltd cafe project
Here is an older video of the bike being started in the garage:

Here is the latest one:

Since posting the original pics Ive added a pair of up-kicks for mufflers and polished the engine side covers. The black wrinkle coat started wearing off the sprocket cover from boots rubbing against it so I went back to metal. I also swapped out the battery for an Antigravity AG-801. Great power and very light.
Last edit: 03 Oct 2014 17:42 by Balazs.

More
23 Sep 2016 06:55 #743302 by c_loughridge
Replied by c_loughridge on topic Kz440 ltd cafe project
Beautiful bike. I am in the process of rebuilding my KZ440 and was wondering if you had to remove a portion of the tail section in order to install the new seat. I want to order the same style seat, but wasn't sure how big of a job it will be to get it installed. Thank you for your time.

1980 KZ440 LTD