Marko's 82 KZ 750 S1 31 Dec 2013 11:51 #616878

• Marko-SLO
  • Marko-SLO's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
thanks for your comments.

@Mcdroid:
probably you are right when you say that the bike may be a result of mix-and-match during assembly.
I have the original "Typenschein"(in German, i don't know how to translate) from 1982, and as I could see, the only non-original part is now the handlebars, the rest seems to be in line with specifications (alloy wheels, rear drum brake,...). I attached a scan.

In the second picture is a document that I received from Kawasaki, and there are some differences (one front disc, shorter rear fender), but the engine and frame number are right.

Cheers,
Marko

Attachment img005.jpg not found

Attachment 5424_522451c47f289.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Marko-SLO.

Marko's 82 KZ 750 S1 31 Dec 2013 12:04 #616881

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Welcome & Happy New Year Marko! Your 750 has me reconsidering the twin cylinder 750s. Yours is one sweet looking bike! B) Saddle looks like a definite improvement.

BTW, I visited Slovenia in the summer of 2012. I rode a ZRX and a BMW 1200 GS between Portoroz and Ljulbjana. Beautiful hills and mountains in your home country. The roads are in excellent shape! I did ride down into Croatia one day. Your photo near the sea reminds me of some very slippery streets(sea salt?) I rode on in a coastal village not far from Portoroz. You have some of the most amazing country and roads to experience. Please keep the photos coming!
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Last edit: by Forrest.

Marko's 82 KZ 750 S1 01 Jan 2014 07:35 #616933

• Mcdroid
  • Away
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
Hello Marko...I found the second document you posted and it really does differ from the information I have (which came from a non-Kawasaki source)...BUT, it is a Kawasaki publication, so more likely to be correct. It is of note that the the model is described as an "American sprots (sic) model", even though it was never apparently marketed here :huh: BTW, I am pleased you replaced those original handlebars.

Marko-SLO wrote: Hello,
thanks for your comments.

@Mcdroid:
probably you are right when you say that the bike may be a result of mix-and-match during assembly.
I have the original "Typenschein"(in German, i don't know how to translate) from 1982, and as I could see, the only non-original part is now the handlebars, the rest seems to be in line with specifications (alloy wheels, rear drum brake,...). I attached a scan.

In the second picture is a document that I received from Kawasaki, and there are some differences (one front disc, shorter rear fender), but the engine and frame number are right.

Cheers,
Marko

Attachment img005.jpg not found

Attachment 5424_522451c47f289.jpg not found

Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Last edit: by Mcdroid.

Marko's 82 KZ 750 S1 01 Jan 2014 23:49 #617029

• Marko-SLO
  • User
Hello Michael, it is interesting that it was never sold in America, I thought that my bike is European version of American model, as is says in the document.
I am also happy with the non-original handlebars, the position on the bike is much better.

Forrest wrote: Welcome & Happy New Year Marko! Your 750 has me reconsidering the twin cylinder 750s. Yours is one sweet looking bike! B) Saddle looks like a definite improvement.

BTW, I visited Slovenia in the summer of 2012. I rode a ZRX and a BMW 1200 GS between Portoroz and Ljulbjana. Beautiful hills and mountains in your home country. The roads are in excellent shape! I did ride down into Croatia one day. Your photo near the sea reminds me of some very slippery streets(sea salt?) I rode on in a coastal village not far from Portoroz. You have some of the most amazing country and roads to experience. Please keep the photos coming!

Nice to hear that you were enyojing riding in Slovenia! We do have some amazing roads and landscape here, especially in the region close to Italian and Austrian border, so there are a lot of possibilities for nice rides.
People here are mostly complaining about the roads quality. Near the sea roads are really quite slippery, not sure if the salt is the cause for that, I suspect that poor quality of tarmac and lack of maintenance might be the real reason.

Cheers,
Marko

Marko's 82 KZ 750 S1 02 Jan 2014 10:42 #617072

• Marko-SLO
  • User
Just an update to Michael:
I found a bike on the net from Canada, that could be the S1 model described in Kawasaki document above(at least judging by the one and only photo). Here is the link: www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36536.0
So maybe some of S1 models were after all imported to America (or Canada only).

Attachment IMG-20120412-00118.jpg not found

Cheers,
Marko
Attachments:

Last edit: by Marko-SLO.

Marko's 82 KZ 750 S1 02 Jan 2014 11:56 #617084

• cross
  • User
  • '05 ZRX1200R
  • Thank you received: 4
Welcome to the site Marko, you will find a lot of info on here.
Its a very nice ride you've got there.
Happy New Year!
Sretno novo leto!
Sasha Krstich
Sasha K.

Bikes I owned
'02 Vulcan 500ltd
'01 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic
'01 BMW R1200C
'01 Honda Valkyrie
'05 Triumph Bonneville America Custom
'05 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Marko's 82 KZ 750 S1 05 Feb 2019 01:58 #798215

• Marko-SLO
  • User
Hello again!
I just noticed that all the photos of the bike are gone, so I am adding a couple here. The bike was sitting in a garage since 2016, but I plan to put on the road again for the upcoming season. It still runs, but needs a good service.
Cheers,
Marko

Attachments:

Marko's 82 KZ 750 S1 05 Feb 2019 06:34 #798224

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Nice looking bike! Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• Page: