Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 13 Jul 2012 18:51 #535722

• ColoPirate
  • ColoPirate's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Had the day off, so I worked on a little side project, my buddy got me an old 3/4 helmet, it was in a little rough shape, not quite the color I wanted, so I used some paint stripper, and painted it with a primer. Now I just have to decide what I want to do with it...

Any thoughts?
Denver, CO

1983 KZ750 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 27 Jul 2012 08:46 #538953

• ColoPirate
  • User
Well, I think I've got a good balance going on the jetts, 140/65 seems to be running great, I had a gas leak from my carbs on the right side, but a little tweaking from my mechanic buddy got that taken care of, then he balanced my carbs and she running smooth! Went for a little ride last night after work and could t resist snapping a little picture.

So, now that she's running well it might be time to ride till winter, then start with rear sets, clip ons, smaller gauges, and whatever else comes along...
Denver, CO

1983 KZ750 LTD

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 12 Aug 2012 23:02 #542194

• blipside
  • User
The bike looks great. I want to do the pod conversion on my KZ750 twin, I just have to find someone in the Springs that can tune.

The problem you had with the foam melting when you glued it together was most likely from the CFCs in the spray, not the glue itself. I have found that regular white glue works just fine for holding the foam together. You just have to be patient for it to dry.

Please post what you find for the brake master cylinder. I ran into the same problem when I tried to flip my bars upside down.

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 12 Aug 2012 23:27 #542200

• ramtough_63
  • User
  • Thank you received: 132
nice vinyl work I arch those guys do entire vehicles at the shop and I am always amazed when I see it finished

I am always painting something when Vinyl would do Good Job Man!!
1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 13 Aug 2012 00:03 #542207

• ColoPirate
  • User
Thanks guys, it has been nice being able to ride it finally! I think the vinyl turned out pretty good, its not perfect, but it was my first time and my buddys first time on a motorcycle.

blipside, the mc i used is from a yamaha actually... i went to steele's cycles here in littleton to find a mc that would work, and it was the only one, i still need to grind the yamaha off of it... its tight still but fits. i will try and snap a picture to post soon. And tuning isnt too bad, you just gotta give it a try, luckily my buddy helped me out at steele's and i was able to try different jetts to get it right, then they balanced the carbs for me and shes running much better, but i had to go through 3 different jetts to get it right. I still might up the slow jetts because it is a bit choppy on the low rpms, but for now i just want to ride the thing!
Denver, CO

1983 KZ750 LTD

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 14 Aug 2012 14:01 #542562

• ColoPirate
  • User
He are some pics of the MC I picked up at a scrap shop here in town. It's from a Yamaha, I didn't have to switch anything out because it's the same bolt size.

Denver, CO

1983 KZ750 LTD

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 20 Mar 2016 23:27 #716466

• ezweave
  • User
Still have this bike?

I just bought an LTD off of a guy in Golden... two were for sale! It is a heavy bitch, though.

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 22 Mar 2016 17:17 #716823

• Irish-Kawi
  • User
  • Thank you received: 37
Welcome from another Colorado Kawi lover! Really like your LTD and think you've done a great job with turning it into a cafe racer you've done some really quality work :D

Haven't seen a vinyl wrap on a bike anytime recently but came out really really well keep up the good work! :woohoo:

Brett
All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 22 Mar 2016 17:22 #716826

• Irish-Kawi
  • User
  • Thank you received: 37

ezweave wrote: Still have this bike?

I just bought an LTD off of a guy in Golden... two were for sale! It is a heavy bitch, though.

Pops and I went to see that LTD last Sunday, guy was nice but he wants too much for the bike and thinks his farces that most people would just pull off and hock or trash are worth too much money. The chain and sprockets were toast on it as well and the rear tired was roasted and needed replacement. If no one bites on it for more than a month or more then he would likely lower it to a price that is more appropriate for its condition.

Brett
All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 23 Mar 2016 09:02 #716938

• ColoPirate
  • User
Unfortunately I sold the bike, I'm a fan of projects, and sold it for a bit larger project, and something I've been dreaming of for a while. I picked up a 1954 F100. I still browse craigslist for motorcycle projects, but haven't found one that's been the right fit.

The sheet vinyl held up well, the handlebar did make a little mark in it, but nothing worse than would have happened to paint.

And yes, for not a large bike, it was fairly heavy....
Denver, CO

1983 KZ750 LTD

83 KZ750 LTD Cafe Project 22 May 2017 01:16 #762446

• Bullen_2
  • User
Hey, this bike looks truly nice. I am also a fan of such vehicles. Recently I had bought car from my friend but it has scratches so used vinyl vehicle wraps for that. The wrap gave this a decent look and now it looks as good as new.