80 LTD 1000 special edition?

More
20 Sep 2011 13:44 #478045 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic 80 LTD 1000 special edition?
Great buy! Looks already complete and ready to go. Man, I wish I could have found something like that. Would be riding already. Lot to be said about a bike that is ride ready. Does it have any issues or had it been running in the recent past?

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2011 14:39 #478050 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic 80 LTD 1000 special edition?
You got that bike for $500? Did you release the hostages after you took delivery of the bike? :laugh:

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
21 Sep 2011 00:54 #478186 by purple_haze
Replied by purple_haze on topic 80 LTD 1000 special edition?
the hostages had already escaped the airbox, they are probably in my walls now. well i hooked up a battery and the neutral light, oil light, tail light and front running lights came on, i hit the starter ...nothing,no other switches worked either, i jumped the celonoid with a flathead and she started ,ITS ALIVE!! i let it idle with the choke on for a minute but she loaded up and stalled, i waited a couple minutes, restarted it, this time no choke and i revved it a little bit and it actually sounded ok,def hitting on all 4, i thought i was gonna take it around the parking lot but she loaded up again and i cut it off, need to clean them carbs and check all the fuses. overall im pretty psyched, cant believe this bike was a couple miles away and i scooped it up for $500, i just need to get working on the title, Part of me want to keep it original and ride it, but a bigger part wants to monoshock it. Maybe i should monoshock my 900 frame and keep the ltd frame stock, looks like ive got some decisions to make, im trying to learn the photobucket thing so here goes nothin...

the trouble with you is the trouble with me, you got two good eyes but still dont see...
jerry

More
28 Sep 2011 11:50 #480202 by purple_haze
Replied by purple_haze on topic 80 LTD 1000 special edition?
the main plug by the coils was unplugged, easy fix...i blew the spring for the accelerator pump off the table while cleaning the carbs now its mia, i ordered an accelerator kit, are the carbs with the pump really better? whats the point? would my carbs off my 76 900 work the same? the battery is now dead so apparently draining/refilling the acid during storage doesnt work? can anyone tell me the difference between a 76 900 frame and an 80 ltd1000? thanks in advance

the trouble with you is the trouble with me, you got two good eyes but still dont see...
jerry