New Project

More
14 Oct 2009 21:20 #327621 by LokiG
Replied by LokiG on topic New Project
pulled everything apart and used paint rig no can. i cant figure out what graphics i want to use though. you cant tell from the pics but the paint is kind of a maroon with a pearl and small metal flake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2009 21:30 #327626 by Sinners Saint
Replied by Sinners Saint on topic New Project
That was a great score, and good job on the paint, looks nice.

• 9am53
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
15 Oct 2009 04:59 #327650 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic New Project
stop it, you're making me feel bad!

More
15 Oct 2009 05:06 #327652 by will61310
Replied by will61310 on topic New Project
Good job - nice.
:)

...1980 LTD 1000...

More
15 Oct 2009 09:37 #327692 by maestro
Replied by maestro on topic New Project
Spanking good job thats another one saved

suzuki ts 125 sold
rd250 sold
suzuki 550 es sold
kz1000 a1

• dibble
  • User
  • Adjustable wrench, hammer,coffee and smokes sorted
More
15 Oct 2009 12:44 - 15 Oct 2009 12:49 #327712 by dibble
Replied by dibble on topic New Project
it looks like you have done a cracking job bringing that old girl back to life and in such a short time too!! i am in a similar position well, its an 85 gpz750A1 unitrak which hasnt run for over 4 years!! it cost £100 about $170 at the current exchange rate and is, what can only be described as complete nail...... i am however, determined to put her right although it will take considerably longer and with my limited skills probably wont come out anywhere near as good. ive attached a picture taken today (when i finally got her running after trying for a week!!!) i will, if anyones interested keep updating. i might spend some time on here getting advice anyway, there are some very knowledgable guys on here.
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Oct 2009 12:49 by dibble. Reason: picture resized as too big

More
15 Oct 2009 13:04 #327715 by LokiG
I think she looks great and would love to see her as you get her together. I have to admit that mine was a desperation save I needed the economical transportation my SUV was killing me on gas lol. My roommate and I have been restoring lost causes for over 20 years now so it has become almost second nature to us. This one though was an easy case all I have had to do was clean the fuel system really well and paint her she was in great shape for a give away.

• dibble
  • User
More
15 Oct 2009 13:12 #327718 by dibble
thanks mate, will keep posting as we progress, not sure where to start but probably gonna go for a full strip and clean up, current thinking is to do a severe mod job and go black and gold, any thoughts?

• dibble
  • User
More
16 Oct 2009 10:32 - 16 Oct 2009 10:45 #327861 by dibble
Dont you just love mother in law's??? mine turned up today and once she starting gassing with the wife i did an exit stage left to the garage and started to strip the gpz down before you know it 2 1/2 hours later shes down to frame and wheels and i now have a full idea of whats its going to take to get her back to her old self, looking forward toit its gonna be fun!!! as promised a few more snaps of progress:) :) :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Oct 2009 10:45 by dibble. Reason: pic too big again!!!!

More
16 Oct 2009 15:50 #327904 by LokiG
very nice! and yea i know what you mean it amazed me at how fast 12-14 hours went by. don't think i work fast i just sleep very little lol.
On another note is there a spot on this forum for people to say where they are from so they can maybe make some local contacts to talk to or hang out with?

More
16 Oct 2009 20:42 #327958 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic New Project
there was a post way back when about that,or you could just put it in your signature line so its always there to see B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

• dibble
  • User
More
17 Oct 2009 11:22 #328038 by dibble
sorted, i think!! updated profile, for info i'm in England and my real bike is a 96' yam thunderace!! i say real it'll never compete with the gpz on sound or feel but then again the kwaka wont top the 170mph i did round the nurburgring on the ace, 2 bikes and 2 very different experiences to be had....lol anyway more importantly, can battery trays still be got hold of the existing one is well corroded and although i could probably knock one up i'd prefer the real thing....