Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

to cafe or not to cafe...this is the question 19 Mar 2008 05:45 #200913

• OnkelB
  • User
  • Thank you received: 80
motorhead wrote:

I have the cover and 90 percent of the rest i am just missing the part right behind no. 2 i cant read the number. 5 i think and the two bolts.

Yeah, it´s a 5 - that part is called clutch release, outer and has parts no. 13118-007, the same clutch release is also used on the early (77/78) KZ1000s ao.

There´s also a different type of clutch release (shown below) used on the later KZ 1000s as well as the 650/750s - I don´t know for sure, but I think the two types will interchange (the complete assys, not the part you´re missing). If you can give me these measurements from your cover: center to center between the clutch release mounting holes and the diameter of the recess it mounts in I can check with a 650 clutch release.

77 KZ 650 B1, 82 GPz 1100 B2.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by OnkelB.

to cafe or not to cafe...this is the question 19 Mar 2008 06:16 #200916

• OnkelB
  • User
Hang on, I just looked at your pics again, esp. the last one, got me confused, you may not be missing anything after all. The part circled in red below is the clutch release mechanism seen from the outside, can you post a pic of that area from the inside?

As for the part circled in green I´m not really sure what that´s for but it is not related to the clutch.

Attachments:

Last edit: by OnkelB.

to cafe or not to cafe...this is the question 19 Mar 2008 07:20 #200923

• motorhead
  • motorhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
yeah the part in green is what has me wondering. I have all the pieces in red and the rod that goes through the motor I will take a pic of the other side in a bit.

thanks
Dustin

to cafe or not to cafe...this is the question 19 Mar 2008 09:01 #200945

• StreetfighterKz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 117
OnkelB wrote:

Hang on, I just looked at your pics again, esp. the last one, got me confused, you may not be missing anything after all. The part circled in red below is the clutch release mechanism seen from the outside, can you post a pic of that area from the inside?

As for the part circled in green I´m not really sure what that´s for but it is not related to the clutch.

The '72/'73 Z1 had a chain oiler that bolts to where the green circle is. It was somehow driving off the front sprocket if I can remember correctly. Not sure it the Z2 had that or not.

Later, Doug
1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

to cafe or not to cafe...this is the question 19 Mar 2008 10:38 #200978

• motorhead
  • User
that would explain the hole undeaneath that green circle. Prolly dont need that then. I have it all cleaned up. Ill reasemble and see how it feels.. Thanks guys

to cafe or not to cafe...this is the question 19 Mar 2008 10:56 #200980

• OnkelB
  • User
No problem, you´re welcome. Post here again if you need help with adjusting the clutch release, it´s pretty simple (if you know how, that is).

And thanks for the info, Doug - I was so focused on the hole in the green circle that I missed that the clutch release was already there.

to cafe or not to cafe...this is the question 24 Mar 2008 14:08 #201966

• motorhead
  • User
Thanks for all the info guys McDroid on here is the proud new owner of a Z2 Kawasaki. It will be going to Houston this week to begin a full resto. I am putting it back together and moving on. I will pop in every now and again to see how its coming along. I have Faith it is going to a loving home and will be treated right.

Boy aren't you guys relieved.....:-)

See you guys around
Dustin

• Page: