freshen up 24 Aug 2007 06:21 #166048

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
purple rocks

Post edited by: btchalice, at: 2007/08/24 09:23
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

freshen up 24 Aug 2007 13:17 #166112

• udder
  • udder's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
well its definitely different. but somehow i cant get past the rednecks remark to my gf as she had a garage sale in my garage and the dude told her nice bike for a woman. :sick: :angry: :angry: :sick: :angry: i think ill stick with the purple but somehow a lil more subtle.

freshen up 24 Aug 2007 17:32 #166151

• btchalice
  • User
if you decide to kill the purple and wanna part with that seat ive been here for years just look me up
id even trade you the one from mine

Post edited by: btchalice, at: 2007/08/24 20:39
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
Attachments:

freshen up 24 Aug 2007 19:31 #166162

• udder
  • User
nice wheels. well see :whistle:

freshen up 24 Aug 2007 22:17 #166185

• bill_wilcox100
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
"But somehow I can't get past the rednecks remark to my gf as she had a garage sale in my garage and the dude told her nice bike for a woman." Udder, ever notice that some comments say more about the person saying them than the subject they are talking about. :whistle:

Your bike, your choice, your life! But hey, that's just me.

PS
By the way, I agree with your decision to remove the side cover lettering... I think it was sending the bike in too many directions and the way you have it now gets a more focused theme across. Again, just my opinion.

Best of success!
1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada

freshen up 25 Aug 2007 09:57 #166251

• udder
  • User
thanks bill. gona mull the color scheme over a bit. im for sure getting superbike bars to clear the tank, possibly changing the front maste rcylinder to a diff type with smaller or remote resevoir, newa tail arrived in great shape so thats good. thinkning of getting new sidecovers my current ones are ok but one of the mounting holes on each side is busted out bigger than it originally was so ill look at that. some more powder no doubt. fork oil replacement. lower the bike a bit if i can find some reasonable shocks. kinda like the bike i saw on here with the buell flyscreen. not keen on the cafe type that seems prevalent. like the one i have but its got some cosmetic flaws. and maybe an extended swingarm if the funds support it. if i do the swingarm its possible ill do the sprocket and chain conversion over to the 530. also i think im gona lose the front fender or powder it. would like to covert the headlight to halogen also. oh yeah then theres the motor lol. im sure im wayyyyyyy in over my head but im sure im not the first.

freshen up 25 Aug 2007 12:17 #166279

• caffcruiser
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I don't get it..... why purple?

Not ragging on you... just such an odd color choice. :)

freshen up 25 Aug 2007 19:22 #166331

• udder
  • User
well for one its how it came from the po. another its not mainstream nor am i. im not totally hooked on the idea but im gona roll with it and see what turns out. if its not for me ill redo it. eventually ill get it right for me. like i say im gona hopefully turn the purple down a bit not as gawdy. the purple does however create a quandry as for the properly matching riding gear lol. anyone seen an matching gear???? this could be bad but im leaving myself open to a ribbing here but so be it.

freshen up 25 Aug 2007 20:09 #166337

• btchalice
  • User
caffcruiser wrote:

I don't get it..... why purple?

Not ragging on you... just such an odd color choice. :)

cuz purple rocks!!!!!

i know not for everybody but it works for me
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS

freshen up 13 Mar 2008 16:51 #199941

• udder
  • User
ok guys im back at again finally. dnag it though i had to wait till it starts to get nice but my back had me fussy for a while. i took the tank off tonight to begin prep for hopefull powdercoating and in the process realized a reason for a problem i was having. the front pin in the gas cap that holds the cap down (not the hinge pin) well its bent and probably why the thing popped open every so often while riding down the road.i got it out but shes not repairable i am ashamed to say. i looked on the kaw site and it says hook pin and did a seach on here and came up with nothing. also nada on z1. just wondering if anyone else has ever had this same problem and how they fixed it or any other helpfull solutions. if nothing else im sure a roll pin will work ill just halfta mike it. im planning on powdering the front rim like the back as well as the dual front brake disk centers, and im hoping the tank as well. then ill need to paint the new tail i have and the sidecovers. my sidecovers will work but i am looking for a nice set. also i have come into contact with a fellow worker that welds aluminum rather well so the cracked intate port i have that is currently in place because of jb weld will be properly fixed. probably should do some top end work since ill have the head off but well see how time money and spring treat me.

freshen up 13 Mar 2008 20:04 #199967

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
I checked Kawasaki.com and it looks like the "PIN,HOOK" is part number 92043-126. Assuming that is correct (check with a dealer) the part is still available from dealer. It should cost about $2. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

freshen up 15 Mar 2008 07:51 #200125

• udder
  • User
ok thanks ed dont know how i missed that. i was fooling around at work and may have made one that will work. made it outta 1/8 stainless tig fill rod, the pin seemed to measure right under 1/8 inch so ill try it out. also i started taking the paint off the tank today and just removed some from the center of the tank from the gas cap to the tail. took it to the bare shiney metal. kina thinking maybe a stripe down the center of just bare metal powdered clear over and then black down the sides. ill try and get some pics later today as i am off to iron pony to use up a 500 gift card on some riding gear i have had my eye on. helemt and good jacket should shoot that rather quickly.