Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Good Day Bro 14 Sep 2006 17:37 #76779

• eventrades
  • eventrades's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just by way of introducing myself. I have been riding for 49 years on all makes. From a 1941 issue BMW with sidecar to a Bultaco. I have always said it was a tossup between my Royal Enfield intercepter and my KZ650. The Enfield I bought new and the KZ650 was purchased off a wrecker in Daytona with the forks wrapped around the engine. After fixing the KZ650 it was ridden extensively for 6 years. A snappy well engineered bike. Seemed to perform well at top end and in the twisties. Nowhere near the balls of the Enfield but a sweet bike. A month age I bought a KZ100P13 from a dealer in L.A. for a customer. I rode this bike home to Fresno as I had delivered a Shadow 1100 A.C.E. to my customer in Santa Barbara. I am amazed. Flat wigged. This truck like, klunkey, rattle trap is a bear. This bike allowed me to do something at 95 mph that I have never been able to do an any bike before. And that is shift to a higher gear. By the time I was back in Fresno I had made up my mind to keep this beautiful copcycle. I have added a trunk, some highway pegs, cut the windshield down 2 and a half inches, added some grip and lever fringes, a throttle rocker. a new rear tire and a complete tune up. It is hard to get anyone to race me but all who have tried have failed. This bike is comfortable, fast, stops well and, aside from draging the floorboards, corners nicely. There is no room for my sweetie pie but she has a road king of her own. She used to pull away from me with my shadow 1100 A.C.E. but now has to be satisfied with ALWAYS coming from behind this copcycle. I think I will have myself burried astride this white wonder and maybe I can catch up with Shirly Maclaine in the ozone. What a peach.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good Day Bro 14 Sep 2006 17:52 #76785

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome to KZR. Nice looking P model there, although the pic is a little small. Can you throw up a larger one for us? Say, at the most 550 pixels wide (the limit here).

How about your KZ650, you still have it, or any others?
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Good Day Bro 14 Sep 2006 17:54 #76786

• tganek
  • Visitor
eventrades wrote:

...I think I will have myself burried astride this white wonder and maybe I can catch up with Shirly Maclaine in the ozone. What a peach.

wait, let me wipe this tear......

okay. pictures?
Of the bike too.

and Welcome!

Good Day Bro 14 Sep 2006 18:24 #76795

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
Howdy. Guess you're in the middle of the US there with Fresno reference and all. You sure don't sound like a left coaster though.

This truck like, klunkey, rattle trap is a bear. This bike allowed me to do something at 95 mph that I have never been able to do an any bike before. And that is shift to a higher gear.

That P13 should be relatively light compared to the King. Plus you're in the 100HP ballpark. I love 180 degree fired 4cyl bikes. Very smooth compared to the twins and the small ones are so mellifluous when wound out.

-Duck

Good Day Bro 14 Sep 2006 18:42 #76802

• eventrades
  • User
Hi Rob. I sold that nice little Kaw ten years ago. I will try the pic thing but I am not too cool with this digital crap

Good Day Bro 14 Sep 2006 18:54 #76810

• eventrades
  • User
Hey Duck. True I am not a left coaster. Actualy from the Rhineland Phaltz. Been here in the center of the golden state since 2001. Nice place. I am not much of a bike engineer but it seems whoever put the copcycle together was right on. I am amazed to be able to carreen along smoking a cigarillo in comfort and still have a rush of performance. It also eats potholes and other road rubish. I am tempted to get a Concours because of this engine but I like the upright ride. Yeah the road king is 100lbs heavier but I outweigh her by that so total weight on the wheels is almost the same. This bike just revs twice as high and when her king is wound out the Kaw still has 4000 rpm left.

Good Day Bro 14 Sep 2006 18:59 #76812

• eventrades
  • User
Well tganek who are those two in blue and red? It is a tear jerker but the image of the copcycle streaking along the milkywat at warp 7 is stuck in my pea brain.

Good Day Bro 14 Sep 2006 19:14 #76820

• tganek
  • Visitor
eventrades wrote:

who are those two in blue and red... streaking along the milkywat at warp 7... stuck in my pea.

I honestly don't know, and don't want to know. But thanks for asking!

Good Day Bro 14 Sep 2006 22:03 #76868

• dkmk
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
Love the looks of the police bikes. Welcome, and enjoy the forum. If you are looking for a place full of "colourful" characters, this be the place! (note the Canadian spelling, hehe!).

Very smooth compared to the twins and the small ones are so mellifluous when wound out.

Duck, you made me reach for dictionary on that one! :woohoo:

Main Entry: mel·lif·lu·ous
Pronunciation: me-'li-fl&-w&s, m&-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English mellyfluous, from Late Latin mellifluus, from Latin mell-, mel honey + fluere to flow; akin to Gothic milith honey, Greek melit-, meli
Date: 15th century
1 : having a smooth rich flow <a mellifluous voice>
2 : filled with something (as honey) that sweetens
- mel·lif·lu·ous·ly adverb
- mel·lif·lu·ous·ness noun

Northern Ontario
Zapp: "Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch."
Kif: "I'll get the powder, sir."

Good Day Bro 14 Sep 2006 22:50 #76872

• tganek
  • Visitor
stupid link.
Scroll down about halfway, click on Hilda (with the khaki cap)
for more cop bike pics.

www.ibike.com.hk/ib_gal/index.htm?

Post edited by: tganek, at: 2006/09/15 01:56
Attachments:

Good Day Bro 16 Sep 2006 10:47 #77187

• JUSTICE114
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey FRESNO!!!!! Thats 3 of us that I know of now! Score!!!!! When the beast is rebuilt, we gotta ride. There's a big chance that you know more bout these bikes then I do. If you can give me a hand, gimmie a PM. Thanks

Good Day Bro 16 Sep 2006 14:39 #77243

• eventrades
  • User
No problem justice114. Keep in touch. Yours is pre-fairing I belive. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I just came back from the Highland Games at Coombs Ranch. Nice time.

• Page: