'82 KZ550 LTD

More
18 Nov 2007 19:01 #181646 by Aric
Replied by Aric on topic '82 KZ550 LTD
OKC_Kent wrote:

I would agree with heartless on this. In todays market I think a running bike that is in good shape and clean title, should easily be worth $1000. I know many guys get the proverbiable "deal of a lifetime", and some guys seem to get bikes given to them for free, but most of us have to buy them and the market today is getting better for good gas mileage machines. By the way, a lot of 550's are getting over 50-55 mpg, so go for it.

I just got that "deal of lifetime"! Rode a 78 KZ 650 b2 for 4 years as first bike and had to sell it about 18 months ago, consequently haven't logged on for at least that long. Hi everybody! ...
Ok, so I stumbled on a guy who's wife bought him a Vulcan for his birthday and she told him to get that old POS out the garage. ( Her words)
That old POS turned out to be an '82 550 LTD Basket Case, but complete. I got it for $100!!!!
Needed a new #1 piston / rings, honed out and new clutches. That's it 'cept maybe new cables and such. Well off to the painters, i'll post when re-assembled.
Glad to be back! :woohoo: :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2007 19:40 #181656 by Wildh2oskier
Replied by Wildh2oskier on topic '82 KZ550 LTD
Take a look at the 550s in the photo gallery under the Members section. There is a lot more cool potential there than in the little rebel (a good bike in its own merit).
I'd get the KZ and make my plans for what I wanted to do with it.

More
22 Nov 2007 10:51 #182203 by NightScreams
Replied by NightScreams on topic '82 KZ550 LTD
I agree with the rest. A running 550 around here with a good tank and side panels is worth easily $750+. I think if you are already thinking you want more power, the Rebel just won't cut it. Go for the KZ.