• Page:

TOPIC:

Frankenstein's KZ550 25 Nov 2020 13:57 #838938

• Kiwizeder
  • Kiwizeder's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,
I am new to the forum and have just purchased a project bike that is a bit if a Frankenstein's Monster. It is registered as a 1983 KZ550 but here is what it actually is:
I think it is a 1981 KZ550C LTD engine, tank , fork, seat and side panels, mounted on a 1983 KZ750 Frame (adjustments have been made). It has chromed spoked wheels, after market generic meters, possibly the original head light, and a 4 into 1 exhaust from a Triumph bike (also some adjustments have been made). So I'm not sure how I'm going to be received in this forum because there is really no way I can afford to put this back to original, but I do hope to make it run well and enjoy it.

My first question is I am having problems being sure what model engine to buy parts for. The bike has mismatched frame and engine serials and owing to having been parked un-registered for more than a year it has been given an new VIN number by New Zealand Transit where I live. The engine serial number is KZ550AE019311. Based on some research it think this is a 1981 KZ550-C2 engine off an LTD. Can anyone verify that for me? Thanks

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Frankenstein's KZ550 26 Nov 2020 06:48 #838965

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277
WELCOME
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiwizeder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: