• Page:

TOPIC:

I’m newww, I don’t know what to dooo! 20 Oct 2020 20:48 #837346

• Theroyboy231
  • Theroyboy231's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
What’s up guys

New to the bike world but I’ve been on the forum the past week or so and decided to make it official. I recently bought a 79 Kz1000st. Been my dream bike since I saw mad max and pretty much everyone had one. But being new I have a problem
I don’t really know what to look for on the bike (it ran and rode when I got it a week ago but tried starting it today and it turned over but didn’t start) there’s a few other issues but I guess I wanna know what should I look for? And what does it cost to get it in shape? I realize it might be a little vague but any help is appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I’m newww, I don’t know what to dooo! 21 Oct 2020 05:03 #837360

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Welcome . First thing I would do is get a manual specific to your bike . Then you can go through and do all the checks . It probably needs a bunch of maintenance .Most old bikes do . Theres some manuals on here you can download I would check there first . Also post a pic of the bike We love pics .
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, Theroyboy231

Last edit: by riturbo.

I’m newww, I don’t know what to dooo! 21 Oct 2020 05:59 #837366

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2050
Welcome aboard. Definitely get the manual and perform the routine maintenance. The manual also has trouble shooting sections that may lead you to the problem.
Also, it could be as simple as the fuel tank could be getting empty and the petcock needs to be switched to the RES setting. Could be the battery is at the end of its life. Clogged fuel filter. A loose wire. The list can get pretty long. Taking care of the maintenance will eliminate a bunch of suspects and will start getting you familiar with the the machine and its systems.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: Theroyboy231

Last edit: by TexasKZ.
  • Page: