Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Stripped 83 Z1000 05 Dec 2018 11:27 #794679

• MartyZ1000
  • MartyZ1000's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8

z1kzonly wrote: Cool! Tuff! I want to play with it!

Wow that´s just great!!! Love and understanding :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stripped 83 Z1000 05 Dec 2018 11:30 #794680

• MartyZ1000
  • User

M_a_t_t wrote: My 83 KZ1100 doesn't use any bolts just rubber mounts. There is a tab under the seat on the back of the tank you pick up on and (supporting the tank) pull back and it will slide out of the front mounts.

This might be different for you, your tank has a different shape then mine. I think they all use some version of the front rubber pucks in the front though.

Thanks Matt and that was the case with my 83 too, I remember the Z650 I had many moons ago being the same.
Was about to do a comp test but after having tried 4 new NGK B8ES plugs in it I let it be. Engine runs phenomaly
with clean plugs and will look at carb settings instead.

Stripped 83 Z1000 06 Dec 2018 06:51 #794725

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
Regarding the carbs, I would perform clear tube tests on the carbs to assure correct fuel levels before further addressing carb settings, jets, etc.
This is because fuel level influences the other carb settings. For example, a too high fuel level can cause an otherwise perfect carb to provide an excessively rich fuel mixture, resulting in such symptoms as new spark plugs quickly fouling.

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Stripped 83 Z1000 06 Dec 2018 07:39 #794727

• MartyZ1000
  • User

Patton wrote: Regarding the carbs, I would perform clear tube tests on the carbs to assure correct fuel levels before further addressing carb settings, jets, etc.
This is because fuel level influences the other carb settings. For example, a too high fuel level can cause an otherwise perfect carb to provide an excessively rich fuel mixture, resulting in such symptoms as new spark plugs quickly fouling.

Good Fortune! :)

Thank you Patton and that is just what I will do start with checking both needles seats and the floats,
I do suspect that's not been done in a while going on the ugly plugs I just replaced.
And as you say it needs to be done before anything else...

Last edit: by MartyZ1000.
  • Page: