awesome score :evil: !

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2014 08:11 #619985 by bugsinmyteeth
Replied by bugsinmyteeth on topic long time lurker

NapalmZ wrote: bought it from the original owner. this bike was the love of his life. after kids, and starting a business he never had time to work on it. he kicked it over a couple times a month but other than that it has sat untouched for 10 years.

You might want to give some attention to the carbs. Sitting for ten years usually means a bit of gum in the carbs. Dipping in carb cleaner (not the spray can) for 24 hours is the way to go. Replace the o-rings in them. Also, carb boots begin to harden and that is a place for air leaks. Probably worth replacing those as well. Sometimes shows up as high rpms when sitting at stop light or trying to get to idle--rpms start to climb. If you find that you need to leave the choke on for a long time while riding the carbs may be the cause. But really, a 40 yr old bike needs some basic maintenance to keep it safe and running well. If the bike has original brake lines they will definitely need replaced. Even if they are only several years old--definitely if ten yrs. old.

Having said that, you have a very well-kept bike there. Congrats on a good score. Do you plan to ride it much or kinda keep for special occasions?

Old School Is Cool!

1975 Kawasaki 900 (Z1B)
1982 Suzuki GS750E

Northern KY

More
25 Jan 2014 14:24 #620013 by Old Kaw Boy
Replied by Old Kaw Boy on topic long time lurker
Great Find! Take Care.

OLD KAW BOY

1979 LTD 1000

• NapalmZ
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • work while bent
More
13 Feb 2014 18:53 #622166 by NapalmZ
Replied by NapalmZ on topic long time lurker

bugsinmyteeth wrote: Having said that, you have a very well-kept bike there. Congrats on a good score. Do you plan to ride it much or kinda keep for special occasions?

carbs are in my lap right now. he drained the carbs oiled them before storing it so the o-rings passed inspection. just the throttle grommets and the fuel "T's" are bad. damn oxygen.

i need to ride it for a while. but after i paint and polish her she is going to storage for special occasions. and yes, i will ride her at least once a month to keep her fresh.

1976 kz900 a4 with delkevic 4 in to 1