Just bought 3 KZ 650 1977-78

More
28 Aug 2013 00:02 #603435 by James027
Replied by James027 on topic Just bought 3 KZ 650 1977-78
I live in a rural area and won't be going in high traffic for a while. Of course you never know when you'll need good tires!

I got to drive 2 miles on a gravel road to get to my house and this is where I did all my road tests when I was fixing the bike. The clutch was slipping but with a oil change and a good adjustment, it seem ok now. But not on that gravel road thought!! With these old vintage looking tires it sometime feels like the clutch is slipping when I open the throttle at medium/high speed!! It's normal when the road is full of rocks (after a fresh grading) but feel strange when the rocks are gone and there two tracks of nice compacted dirt.

I was looking for tires like Metzeler Tourance but they don't have my size for the rear (only 17 inch). Does someone here suggest something else?

Attachment MetzelerTourancesmall.JPG not found

I won't be doing long trip with my KZ. I Got a girlfriend, 2 kids and no friends that has road bike and would enjoy travelling with me. So I use it to go to work as often as can and ride just for fun around here. I'm also visiting friends that sometimes live as far as 5 miles down a gravel road so good dual purpose tires would be pretty useful lot of times.

By the way Saxjonz, I like the look of your bike. Do you have a link where I could see better pictures?

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.