Hi, I'm new!

More
19 Jun 2006 02:17 #55434 by Fourtoes
Hi, I'm new! was created by Fourtoes
Hi to you all.

I've recently addedd a 1979 Z650 to my Zephyr 550 . I'm well pleased with it. Cant make my mind up which I prefer, they're both decent bikes. I'm tending to ride the Z more often though.

Hoping to get some info of this site and keep up with whats going on. Dont know if I'd be much help to anyone else but you never know. I'm not mechanically minded but will give anything a go.

Can anyone tell me if any other Kwaka bike parts (bodywork etc) will fit the Z650? Been trying to get hold of some spares to no avail.

Hi again to all of you and happy riding :woohoo:

Post edited by: Fourtoes, at: 2006/06/19 05:21
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2006 04:51 #55440 by btchalice
Replied by btchalice on topic Hi, I'm new!
welcome to kzr
thats a nice bike :side: :woohoo:

Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

More
19 Jun 2006 05:04 #55442 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Hi, I'm new!
Welcome to KZR...there are plenty of Z650 gurus in this forum...I'll let them field the bodywork question. I kinda like the Zephyrs...thought seriously about a 750 or 1100 at one point but people kept waving these damn KZ's under my nose:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
19 Jun 2006 05:18 #55444 by ambergrismooon
Replied by ambergrismooon on topic Hi, I'm new!
Welcome Fourtoes! Enjoy this mental gymnasium! Are those fork gators I see on that 650? Got to get some more pics of your rides and where are you callin' from? far as I know the bodywork from all year kz650's are pretty much the same with the exception of vacume petcocks on later years. I am sure the real brains of this outfit will chime in with the GOOD answers to your questions. I am one of the village idiots here. No village people pics inserted here guys!

More
19 Jun 2006 15:27 #55543 by kznuke
Replied by kznuke on topic Hi, I'm new!
Wazzup Fourtoes? I'm new to this site also and I can already tell that I'll be spending way too much time on line. But, a lot of these guys seem all right (a few are nuts)and some have probably forgotten more about these rides than I'll ever know. This latest installment of my life finds me in Phoenix with my 1st bike (life changes at 46). I love the Zephyrs but they only seem to be readily available overseas. That where you're from? "Across the Big Pond"?

More
19 Jun 2006 15:30 #55545 by kznuke
Replied by kznuke on topic Hi, I'm new!
Wazzup Fourtoes? I'm new to this site also and I can already tell that I'll be spending way too much time on line. But, a lot of these guys seem all right (a few are nuts)and some have probably forgotten more about these rides than I'll ever know. This latest installment of my life finds me in Phoenix with my 1st bike (life changes at 46). I love the Zephyrs but they only seem to be readily available overseas. That where you're from? "Across the Big Pond"?

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
19 Jun 2006 20:35 #55632 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Hi, I'm new!
Welcome to KZr Fourtoes.

Ok, guess I'll be the first to ask...why only four toes?
Or is that one of those things better left unsaid? :ohmy: :laugh:

Seriously though, your Z650 B sure is a beaut! B)

FWIW, the bodywork from the '77 ~ '79 Z/KZ650 B and C (Custom) models are all the same, save for diff colors/pinstripes and slightly diff emblem designs between years.
The bodywork from the '80 Z/KZ650F1 (Custom) are the same in apperance as the earlier years of the B and C models, but mount differently. I believe the only part of the bodywork from the F1 that will fit the earlier years is the rear "duckbill" shaped painted fender.

I'd suggest just checking eBay for spare bodywork, as I see those listed there quite frequently.
A fair amount of eBay sellers will ship worldwide, so I'd suggest you not limit your search for parts by just checking what is available to you on your side of the pond. ;)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
20 Jun 2006 01:14 #55650 by Fourtoes
Replied by Fourtoes on topic Hi, I'm new!
Thanks for the warm welcome.

For those who asked yes I'm from across the pond. I'm in Manchester, England. Thats in the North West and not near London!

Why Fourtoes?
Comes from a joke I like.

Whats the difference between a camera and a sock?
One takes fourtoes and one takes five.

Well I think its funny and as I'm a photographer I think it suits.

And RetroRiceRocketRider thanks for the advice on plastics. There do seem to be more spares in the States on Ebay compared to the UK. And cheaper too. Its just by the time you add on psotage it gets a little pricey.

Thanks again you lot, think I'll start posting in the proper threads now.

Cheers,
Fourtoes
Manchester
England

More
20 Jun 2006 14:29 #55792 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic Hi, I'm new!
Welcome, Fourtoes!
Man, I stared at that joke for a few minutes, trying to get it... then.... Ohhhhh!
I'm gonna get some coffee.

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
20 Jun 2006 15:24 #55804 by captaincrusty51
Replied by captaincrusty51 on topic Hi, I'm new!
Welcome to the best source of information on all things KZ. Very nice looking ride. More pictures are required. Was the seat on the bike when you got her? Do you know what kind it is?

1978 KZ650C
Keihin CR Special carbs, MAC 4 into 1, Koni Shocks, Emgo Pods

2002 ZRX1200R
Akrapovic exhaust, Teds Ignition Advance, Steering Damper, Dunlop Qualifier tires, Corbin GF/L,Rear tire hugger, Tsukigi braces

More
20 Jun 2006 16:10 #55818 by neilage66
Replied by neilage66 on topic Hi, I'm new!
Welcome Fourtoes...your 650 is bee-u-tea-full! I like it.

If you don't mind me asking...is there a story behind your "name"? Otherwise, just tell me to can it. :whistle:

More
21 Jun 2006 00:46 #55903 by Fourtoes
Replied by Fourtoes on topic Hi, I'm new!
captaincrusty51 wrote:

Welcome to the best source of information on all things KZ. Very nice looking ride. More pictures are required. Was the seat on the bike when you got her? Do you know what kind it is?

Hi Cataincrusty51, Yep the seat came with the bike. All I know is its a 2-4 seat, and used to have chrome strips along the bottom edge. These went a little rusty and rotten and were taken out and taped up. I'm getting the seat recovered in the next couple of weeks by my cousin. I'll post pics when available.

And Neilage66 check my previous post for an explanation for my name......Fourtoes (photos)

Post edited by: Fourtoes, at: 2006/06/21 03:46