New to the forum...

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
More
08 May 2012 22:17 #520844 by The Gringo
Replied by The Gringo on topic New to the forum...
After clicking on the link you provided I'm sorry I did. How someone could take a 6000 mile bike that looked like that one did and turn it into what he did is beyond me. :angry:

I really hope you stole it from the PO because anyone that stupid deserves to lose his ass financially. I've always said if your IQ doesn't have 3 digits then you shouldn't be allowed to buy tools. This is a case in point. Good luck with your new project I hope you can turn it into a decent bike again.

Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2012 23:12 #520868 by damarble
Replied by damarble on topic New to the forum...
Welcome Ryan, where in Spokane are you? South Hill guy here.

Go green, buy a Kawasaki!

82 KZ750M CSR Build Thread

89 ZX600C Streetfighter

More
09 May 2012 05:00 #520920 by virtualtoad
Replied by virtualtoad on topic New to the forum...

The Gringo wrote: After clicking on the link you provided I'm sorry I did. How someone could take a 6000 mile bike that looked like that one did and turn it into what he did is beyond me. :angry:

I really hope you stole it from the PO because anyone that stupid deserves to lose his ass financially. I've always said if your IQ doesn't have 3 digits then you shouldn't be allowed to buy tools. This is a case in point. Good luck with your new project I hope you can turn it into a decent bike again.

Well... let me put it this way - I can see what he was trying to do. Personally, I like the general style, but I think the execution was a fail.

But yeah that bike was pristine... and yeah I got it for almost nothing, so I've got a budget to make it into something better than it is.

More
09 May 2012 05:01 #520921 by virtualtoad

damarble wrote: Welcome Ryan, where in Spokane are you? South Hill guy here.

North side.... got a big shop, which I assume I'll need cuz I have a lot of work to do on this bike :)

More
09 May 2012 10:55 #520968 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic New to the forum...

The Gringo wrote: After clicking on the link you provided I'm sorry I did. How someone could take a 6000 mile bike that looked like that one did and turn it into what he did is beyond me. :angry:

Someone should cut that guy's nuts off for f'n up that nice bike. And of course, after he screwed it up he sold it; isn't that always the way? Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
More
09 May 2012 18:58 #521064 by The Gringo
Replied by The Gringo on topic New to the forum...

650ed wrote:

Someone should cut that guy's nuts off for f'n up that nice bike. And of course, after he screwed it up he sold it; isn't that always the way? Ed

Ed, I think it's due to all the "reality" TV shows about custom bike builders. Seems these days anybody with a $10.00 Harbor Freight angle grinder and a few wrenches thinks they are the next Paul Teutel in the making. It shouldn't piss me off, because everytime some asshole butchers a nice bike it just makes bikes like ours that much more rare, but it still does. To quote Ron White "You can't fix stupid".

Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special

More
09 May 2012 19:26 #521067 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic New to the forum...
I agree 100%

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
10 May 2012 01:32 #521174 by virtualtoad
well dammit now you guys are making me want to take it down to the frame and start over.