Hello Fellow Kawasaki Crack Heads

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
14 Feb 2012 20:10 #504015 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Hello Fellow Kawasaki Crack Heads
welcome to the jungle.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
14 Feb 2012 22:02 #504047 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Hello Fellow Kawasaki Crack Heads
Sounds like you have a plan brewing with the direction you want to go in.

That 750 is a Z2 and was available in Japan due to cc restrictions of the time, 750 or less I believe. There are a few in the states. I was tempted to buy one locally but the owner wanted to much for it, he brought it back after being overseas in the military. I wish now I would have bought it. :S I believe a few members here own a couple. It is basically a Z1 with a smaller bore.

I can relate to your post about not being able to get parts back in the day, the dealer parts were expensive if you could find them. I would scour the salvage yards, and get catalogs to find that certain part, Now I point and click and it shows up at the door, how cool is that?

There are some great vendors who advertise on KZR, some are specialty shops (like motor building, painting etc) Check out thier websites and I am sure you can find what you need.
One I go to a lot is Z1 Enterprises. They have very reasonable prices, have a large stock of parts for these old girls, they are very knowledgeable, excellent at customer service and very quick shipping.

A couple of years ago I resurrected my 900 after she sat in the weather for 13 years. She was in bad shape when I pulled her out. This website was a wealth of knowledge that was priceless during the build. Ask all the questions you need, these guys are awesome. Have fun.

P.S. When she starts for the first time you need to video it, we want to see the big ass grin on your face. I smiled for weeks and I am sure you will to.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

• Junkyard Dog
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
15 Feb 2012 09:55 #504134 by Junkyard Dog
Replied by Junkyard Dog on topic Hello Fellow Kawasaki Crack Heads
Thanks for the info. I started it for the first time in about 15 years, 2 weeks ago, but it needed more carb adjusting so it was short and bitter sweet. This past Saturday I had it idleing and only a small stumble and pop from a vac leak. My son was amazed at the sound up close. He's used to his dirkbike sound and asked what the Z1 sounded like w/o the baffle. Being the mature sensible adult I told him it would be loud and the neighbors may be annoyed..then I pulled it out for a few revs. lol. Someone should have had a camera to catch my school girl giggling. I have more parts on the way from Z1...definatly one of the good places to get stuff these days.

1975 Z1, 4:1 Kerker, Bought in 1981, Got it running after sitting 15 years.