www.z1enterprises.com/default.aspx
www.oldbikebarn.com/
z1parts.net/
kzzone.com/
www.redlinecycle.com/ocindexmain.html
www.zpower.com.au/catalog/index.php
www.z-power.co.uk/merchantmanager/
www.partsnmore.com/

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but the more you look, the more you will find.

*edit* How could I forget: www.oldkawman.com/ :)

Michael
1980 KZ1000 shaft drive
Last edit: 14 Aug 2011 05:19 by Chaotic Reason. Reason: forgot one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2011 07:20 #468972 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Greetings from southeastern VA
Kawasaki still supplies some parts, sadly, the airbox is not one of them. Take a look at the Kawasaki.com site. When you look up a part click on the part number. If it says "Active" in the window that appears you can still get it new; if it says "Cancelled" it's not available new. If you see that a part is "active" the dealer or online dealers can order it for you. Any item marked "cancelled" you need to call about because a lot of the online dealers will list every part with a price even though they cannot supply many of them. For those "cancelled" parts, such as your airbox, eBay is a pretty good source, but be positive that the item matches exactly what you need. Many sellers list stuff attributed to the wrong models. There are many other online sellers who have new old stock (NOS) parts on the shelf that they buy from dealerships that go out of business. These can be excellent sources of new parts no longer offered by Kawasaki. It takes a bit of searching online to track down some parts. Be sure to use Kawasaki.com to find the correct part number for your part and to determine which other models share your part, because many parts look very similar but won't work. In the case of your airbox, I saw some from later kz550 models that looked similar, but upon closer examination noticed the mounting brackets were not in the same location on the back of it. Just be careful not to get burned on parts that aren't quite what you need and you'll do well. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
14 Aug 2011 10:29 - 14 Aug 2011 10:55 #468997 by Topper
Replied by Topper on topic Greetings from southeastern VA
Bikebandit.com and cheapcycleparts.com might carry parts for your bike.

The eastern VA VJMC is pretty active. I'm sure a google search will turn them up. There's a bike show in Warrento, VA (northern VA) being organized by a VJMC member on Sept. 3rd. Details on that are on Facebook. I'm heading up there hopefully with one or two other vintage jap bike owners from around here.

Edit:
Here's the VA VJMC Chapter: www.vjmcofvirginia.org/
and here's the Facebook group that mentions the bike show in Warrenton: www.facebook.com/#!/groups/135857263127707/

Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys
Last edit: 14 Aug 2011 10:55 by Topper.

More
14 Aug 2011 11:22 #469003 by hal0tw0
Replied by hal0tw0 on topic Greetings from southeastern VA
Greetings from Richmond! Nice ride B)

1976 KA900. VM28 pumper carbs, K&N pod fiters, RC performace 4/1 exhaust, Dyna ignition, Accel coils and wires, Ohlins rear shocks.....more to come

More
14 Aug 2011 12:31 #469021 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic Greetings from southeastern VA
Nice bike! One of my roommates had a gpz 550 back in college. Yours looks like it has the original exhaust. He installed a header on his. I'm sure all us roomies threw out their original exhausts in the garbage when we replaced them with the aftermarket headers. If only we knew then what we know now. If I may be bold in asking, how much did you pick it for? Nice find!

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

More
19 Aug 2011 18:50 #470118 by Redox6022
Replied by Redox6022 on topic Greetings from southeastern VA
Hey man, I'm orignally from Richmond too.

1981 GPz550

More
20 Aug 2011 10:16 #470276 by Topper
Replied by Topper on topic Greetings from southeastern VA
I just created a post over in the bike related forum about the bike show in Warrenton on Sept. 3. If any of you guys from VA are interested in meeting there, let me know.

Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys