New from Spain/Mexico. Z=KZ???

More
14 Jul 2011 00:23 #462752 by elfmagic17
Replied by elfmagic17 on topic New from Spain/Mexico. Z=KZ???

rsuarez wrote: Not a bad idea, Ive tough of bringing a bike from the US in the past. The thing is that I am really uncomfortable buying a bike without inspecting it. Ive also learned that buying a used old bike is more of a patience drill than just throwing money into it. You need to wait and the correct bike will eventually appear. Learnt this the hard way unfortunately.

About the $20k, obviously their not just for buying the bike, in fact the bike must be a little proportion of it. The concept of building a Sanctuary bike is to get an old bike and modernize it with the best to date components... suspension, wheels, brakes, swingarm and a lot etceteras. Just look at the price of a Sculpture swingarm or triple. $20k just barely takes you there.

Good news I found a Z1, bad news is that it might need a lot of rebuilding. I need to take a closer look.

Thanks for all the responses, their been really helpful.

Someone has a pretty nice bike here ( kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/462307-its-time#462320 ) for sale. May be something to think about, pretty good price considering all the work he's invested. Be a little trip to pick up but might not cost that much to ship.

Kenny Hicks
74 Honda CB550
75 Honda CB360 (runs and rides good but not a show bike)
77 KZ650B1 (Runs Great, but needs painted and a little work.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2011 14:55 #462836 by Rotten Egg
Replied by Rotten Egg on topic New from Spain/Mexico. Z=KZ???
Jump on it !

76 kz900

More
15 Jul 2011 01:19 #462946 by rsuarez
Replied by rsuarez on topic New from Spain/Mexico. Z=KZ???
Yeah, it looks attractive, but its against my nature to buy a bike that is so far away and on top of that so highly modified. Just getting it this side of the border would be another $2.5K.

Thanks anyway fro the lead.