'81 KZ750 four....new dude with questions :)

More
21 Nov 2009 10:32 #335050 by Patton
Might checkout KZR's member gallery. Go to green ribbon at top of screen, point to Members, and click on Gallery.

Always liked the one below by Paul Smith, shown among others in following thread:

Click here > kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...w&catid=11&id=180670

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fifthcircle
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Jive Turkey
More
21 Nov 2009 16:49 #335106 by fifthcircle
Replied by fifthcircle on topic '81 KZ750 four....new dude with questions :)
That is a good lookin ride! Now imagine that with a bum stop seat cowl, clip-on's and bright silver paint. That's what I am hoping to accomplish.....LOTS OF WORK to be done ;)

"What is it with corn anyway?"
-Scott S.

More
03 Dec 2009 06:37 #337230 by biker_gal_uk
Replied by biker_gal_uk on topic '81 KZ750 four....new dude with questions :)
hi new dude

i'm restoring my bike, which is the same as yours.
have a look at my photo! this is how the bike looked in may 09. it has new chrome, i've painted the tank and side panels with primer, vw/audi black paint and 2k clear. the frame was wire brushed and sprayed with acid etch primer and black gloss hammerite. the three piece seats have been professional restored with black weatherproof vinyl and chrome piping. The carbs were rusty and they've been completely overhauled, this cost $499... i was ripped off!..
i didn't know any other carb company!..

send me some photos! I can give you a lot of advice. we've done a lot of work on the bike. don't forget to service your swing arm. we put in new needle bearings and also drilled in a new grease nipple!.. this way you can grease the bearings when you want too. most overhaulers miss the swing arm and complain that the bike rides 'like a three legged camel' this is one of the reasons why!..

any problems dude, please email me!..

ride safe, when rebuilt!

angie uk